your development board?

Hi What kind of development board you are using in your robot? Arm? embedded PC? thanks from Peter ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com)

Reply to
cmk128

why do you ask? different architectures will be better or worse depending upon what your goals are.

I've driven my EOD robot around with PPC, ARM, and most recently a fanless Pentium Celeron PC104+ stack. Had to go to the PC104+ stack to support integrated MPEG4 video and AC97 audio encoding. The RISC based machines, while extremely power efficient, wouldn't handle the extra processing load. Had a custom designed DSP board that previously handled the A/V functions but supporting it was a headache so I decided to integrate everything into a single PC104+ board stack.

I'd give my kingdom to be able to continue using a RISC architecture in my robot.

Reply to
noone

noone =BCg=B9D=A1G

Cool, i am trying the make a balloon, put a robot arm with a camera to it, and transfer back some image. PC104 is too expensive, it costs ms $700 USD in my country. So i want to use uCOS+Arm, but i afraid i am lack of driver. thanks

Reply to
cmk128