Subject Author Posted Replies

GPS?
Hi GPS will give you the data of your current position. How about i want to know my robot position? it may be 100km away. Is there anything can transfer back my robot position? thanks from Peter (
1
1

question about DC motor behavior
I am a bit puzzled by something I've observed with a DC motor I am using and was hoping someone could offer insight. I am working with a Maxon A-max 26 DC motor which is equipped with a 100-count per...
5
5

Career
I am just looking for advice. I go to college in Montana at Montana Tech. Since they don't offer a robotics degree of any sort I chose to get a dual major in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering...
17
17

Pan Tilt Mechanical drawing
I am new to the area of robotics and hardware related to robotics. I am currently working on a tracking application wherein the moving object in the view of the camera is tracked. Right now the...
3
3

New Calculation For Robotics Posted
I have posted another Calculation For Robotics on the Rossum Project webpage. This one was written by Mitch Berkson whom some of you know from his postings on this newsgroup. It's a short article...

Smoothing Capacitors
Hi, I'm designing a circuit (or trying to :-) ) that will run off 12V car bateries, and am wondering where smoothing (right word?) capacitors come into play? I've already got some on my 5V reg either...
1
1

PIC usart problem
Hi everyone, I am having a big trouble with my PIC's serial communication. I have codes like these: GPS: CALL set4800 A0: CALL RCread CALL TXsend XORLW 'G' BNZ A0 MOVLW 0XFF MOVWF PORTA RETURN I have...
5
5

Mars Exploration Rover Update #2 - June 23, 2006
UPDATE: Three Sols of Driving Gain 138 Meters - sol 852-858, June 23, 2006: Opportunity is healthy. The rover has started receiving a new flight software load. It also advanced 138.1 meters (453 feet)...

imaging - radar
Hi Is it possible to use two cameras to works as a radar. Our brain can calcuates the distance of each object we see, by the differneces between two eyes. If yes, we don't need a radar. thanks from...
18
18

Music playing robots
If you search Google for "Music playing robot", suprisingly you'll see that there are not many music playing robots around and most of the references are relatively old. Do you know any (retalively...
12
12

servo board
Hi i got a arm development board with serial port and ethernet. I want to control 6 to 10 servos by serial/ethernet port. Where i can buy such thing? i need a complete solution (plug and play),...
8
8

Re: PT for Aikido, a 60 yr old man aging quickly
John Nagle wrote; Yeah, but it is closed now, darn it.

DARPA legged robot competition
There's a DARPA legged robot competition underway. See John Nagle Animats http://www.darpa.mil/ipto/Solicitations/closed/05-25_PIP.htm
2
2

CompacTech Message Board
I would like to present the "CompacTech Message Board" ( purpose of this website and its message boards is to promote science to a wider audience and to act as a stimulus for research and teaching to...
2
2

Data Reproducing?
Hi. I am trying to find the best way to use some data from a pressure sensor (force vs. time at 200 samples/s for a few seconds to be precise...) and reproduce the same force function (maybe with a...
6
6