Subject Author Posted Replies

Looking for video of a (fake) robot catching a car
Any one got a link? Marco ________________________ Marc Reinig UCO/Lick Observatory Laboratory for Adaptive Optics
4
4

DARPA Urban Challenge for Autonomous Vechicles
DARPA Urban Challenge for Autonomous Vechicles ================================================ The Defense Advanced Research Project Agency(DARPA) has scheduled its third Grand Challenge for...

Mars Exploration Rover Update - June 23, 2006
UPDATE: Spirit "Warms up the Engines," Continues Work on Mars - sol 874-880, June 23, 2006: Since the beginning of Spirit's winter science campaign, the science and engineering teams have held joint...

Recommended parts source?
Is there any shop that is recommended to buy parts for robotic projects..? (preference is europe but other places is ok) Esp digital servos, xyz parts, ball screws, weak vacuum pump etc..
2
2

I feel so stupid asking this question
I've been around robotics and controls all my life but the gray hair is getting ahead of the gray matter. I know there is an h bridge joystick controller out there at Radio Shack or somewhere... I...
10
10

Starting
I am try to start in robotices. But one problem that I am find is that there are lots of robot "KIts" out there. Are there any that you people know of that are chep, but chalnging? CJS
3
3

Controlling the path
Hello, I was wandering if the follwoing is possible. Building a robot that could go around a room (no obstacles) in a spiral manner with only 3.5mm inside of the preceeding path. The robot would be...
19
19

the "Robotic Mule".........incredible Robotic achievement
This almost alive looking machine is called "Robotic Mule". Pretty incredible achievement to me. It also has the appearance to be a potentially practical robot.
5
5

robot wars video?
Other than are there other places to watch robot wars video? There used to be a "battlebots" aired on comedy central. I guess they canceled it because the bots weren't very funny.
1
1

Repacking ballscrews/ballnuts
I have an NSK ground ballscrew that somebody (not me, honestly) was clever enough to run the ballnut past the end of the threads and allow some of the balls to escape. The ballscrew is a ground screw,...
23
23

Parallel Port Interface/ADC0820 HELP PLEASE!!!
Hello All, I have a serious problem getting my circuit to work, and maybe someone here can help. I read threads here all the time, and have gotten some help one or twice (who knows, maybe someday ill...
10
10

Robotic joints construction
How are joints in robots like these: Esp, how do you attach a powersource to them to make them move? Gears?, linear motor?, hydralics? Looking into makeing a small robot in cm scale.
9
9

Microsoft Robotics Studio
Microsoft Unveils Robotics Studio --- The early release targets academic, hobbyist, and commercial developers with a toolset for building applications that can run on a variety of robotics computing...
2
2

Mars Exploration Rover Update - June 21, 2006
UPDATE: Spirit Continues Work Even As Martian Winter Deepens - sol 867-873, June 21, 2006: Spirit continues to be productive, even as winter conditions harshen. Spirit now receives about one-third as...

Small, low-cost laser range finder with RS232 interface
There are many low cost (< $300) laser range finders on the market but I could not find one that can be interfaced to a computer. Do you know any small and low cost (< $300), laser range finder with...