Starting

I am try to start in robotices. But one problem that I am find is that there are lots of robot "KIts" out there. Are there any that you people know of that are chep, but chalnging?

CJS

Reply to
spyhunter

"spyhunter"

Depends on what you consider challenging. You could disregard the kits and make your robot from scratch, scavenging parts from here and there. It would be very cheap and very challenging, but it depends on what your goals in robotics are.

Cheers

Padu

Reply to
Padu

Yeah that would be a good. So any one eles?

CJS

Reply to
spyhunter

Cheap! (Choke, snort) Are you serious? Sure if you have access to the town rubbish tip you can certainly pick up some bargains but don't count on saving any money by building your own, cause tools don't come cheap. All the worthwhile kits seem to cost $$$, but you'd get more value out of an expensive, programmable kit than you would from one that takes a single AA battery and follows a light around the room. Make your own from scratch I say. Then you can have grey hair just like me.

____________________________________________________ "I like to be organised. A place for everything. And everything all over the place."

Reply to
Tim Polmear