Subject Author Posted Replies

What caps for 7.2V DC motor?
Hello, I just purchased four (6mm shaft) 7.2V gearhead motors for an ATV robot project. Just wondering what caps I need across the motor's positive and negative terminals? Is they a way to calculate...
1
1

Mars Exploration Rover Update - June 15, 2006
UPDATE: Opportunity Hits Five-Mile Mark - sol 844-851, June 15, 2006: After the previous week's successful extraction from "Jammerbugt," Opportunity resumed its drive south. Approximately 95 meters...

Mechanical drive source?
I figured I could use floppy arms for precision positioning. By useing the same mechanical drive as the one positioning the magnetic head in a floppy: (178kB) --------- | Motor |...
12
12

RoboCup 2006
Hello, yesterday I saw that the RoboCup has started... here who was at the RoboCup before or who plans to go there in the future? Ciao, Oliver Robotics is a new, rapidly developing area of science and...

similar development boards to the "Parallax Professional Development Board"
Hi, Out of curiosity, can anyone recommend AVR development boards that are similar to the "Parallax Professional Development Board" ( seems like it has a lot of interesting features -- except I would...
2
2

Robotics Class in Maine
Howdy folks, Our school just finished our second year offering an official Robotics Class to high school students. Our local news did a great piece featuring our program and our new creation, the...

Rumble Bots
I'm a robot collector.......collect from garage sales and such, but I've decided to start clearing out some of my past to make room for the present. Anyway, I have this group of robots that I picked...
3
3

Mars Exploration Rovers Update - June 9, 2006
UPDATE: Progress on Long-Term Experiments - sol 860-866, June 9, 2006: Spirit is healthy and continues to make progress on the rover's winter science experiments. Spirit has begun work on a new...
1
1

CfC: Robotic 3D Environment Cognition
Call for Contributions =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D Robotic 3D Environment Cognition Workshop at the International Conference Spatial Cognition, Bremen 2006...

Got any saved ER1 Forumsweb pages ?
I am asking for any saved pages from the old ER1 forums. Way back when I saved 2 pages from the forums for my own reference. Evolution Robotics has since then either abandoned the old pages or deleted...

Four free Z80 appliances (USA)
Cleaning out my closets, I found four Cidco (Earthlink) MailStation 120 Internet appliances. These are free to the first four people willing to pay postage, one per customer. These devices have a...

zebra one manipulator arm?
Hi, I recently inherited a "zebra one" manipulator arm. It appears to be in good shape, but has no documentation. Google hasn't helped much yet in my search for info. Does anyone out there have any...
1
1

MaxSonar-EZ1 (a great ultrasonic sensor) is featured in three magazines!
Nuts and Volts, Circuit Cellar, and Sensor Magazine have all featured the MaxSonar-EZ1 sensor. The "Circuit Cellar" write up is found here the industrial Magazine "Sensors" write up is found here Nuts...
27
27

RoboGames returns to San Francisco; June 16-18 at Fort Mason!
The Robots are Back! Join us for the largest robot competition in America! Walking androids, soccer robots, art bots, and the best flame- throwing, high-energy, steel-crunching robots in the world...

EV-38 CCD demo board
Hi All, I am helping with imaging on board the KiwiSat project. We are considering using the Omnivision C3188A camera but are in need of the EV-38 demo board (even just to borrow). If anyone can help,...
1
1