Pan Tilt Mechanical drawing

I am new to the area of robotics and hardware related to robotics. I am currently working on a tracking application wherein the moving object in the view of the camera is tracked. Right now the application can track a moving object by the mouse cursor. I would like to extend the program where the camera moves along with the object. I have to build a pan tilt mechanism to mount my USB webcam. can anyone please provide a pan tilt drawing from which i can start from scratch.

Reply to
nripun

Do you really need to start from scratch?

There are plenty of good PT bases around. i'm using this one right now:

but I know that CMUCam also offers a simpler kit, and if you take a look at the advertises of any robotics magazine (servo, nuts&volts, robot, circuit cellar), you will find more.

Don't get me wrong, it's no rocket science making one, but I prefer to spend my time building more interesting stuff.

Cheers

Padu

Reply to
Padu

I've got some simple pan/tilt setups below that use servos.

Si Ballenger

I salvaged a robust pan-tilt mechanism from the head mechanism of an old golf-ball typewriter. It'll do about 90 degrees vertically and continuous horizontally. Just a thought.

Reply to
Clifford Heath