Hacking the pan and tilt Logitech QuickCam sphere

Hi
I was wondering if anyone has tried hacking the Logitech QuickCam sphere web cam:
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?page=products/details&CRID=4&CONTENTIDq72&ad=smpr7908_emea_qcsphere_502003&countryid &languageid=1
It is a webcam with a built in pan and tilt mechanism that automatically tracks faces to keep them in frame. Has anyone opened one up to see if the mechanics are hackable ? It seems a useful piece of kit for interactive robotics.
--
Alex

Alex Zivanovic wrote:

I think this is similar to the Logitech Orbit. There is a Linux driver at:
http://www.smcc.demon.nl/webcam /
I got one of these for my latest robot. -- D. Jay Newman