ESP300 Motion Controller

I'm working on a project that includes programming ESP Motion Controller.ESP300 has two remote interfaces : RS-232C and IEEE488. I was wondering if anyone has experience with that and tell me which interface should I use. Is it better to programm it in LabVIEW or in C++? Thank you!

Reply to
mirna.bartulovic

What are you doing with it? Are you controlling the motors actively from your computer, or just preloading canned sequences into the ESP300?

John Nagle

Reply to
John Nagle

Reply to
Brad W.

Hi,

I want to controll the motor from my computer.I want to position a stage to given X-Y coordinates. If I use IEEE488 interface how can I connect it to the PC?National Instruments have a big palette of GPIB adapters and cards and I was wondering if you can recommend which one should I use. Thank you

John Nagle wrote:

Reply to
mirna.bartulovic

Hi,

I connected ESP300 Motion Controller through RS232 interface to PC.Motion controller is connected to X-Y moving stage.For the start I want to be able to controll the movement across X and Y axes from the PC.I was wondering if it is possible for someone to send me C++ code examples for ESP300 and help me get started.Thank you!

Mirna Bartulovic

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
mirna.bartulovic