Subject Author Posted Replies

Ship Ins - Open challenge - Streaming video
Thursday 9AM to 11AM, 4/27/06, we will again be streaming video from my UNI Physics "Introduction to Robotics" course. My students are building MarkIII Mini-Sumos, and this will be their second and...
5
5

anyone attached pulleys to "scooter wheels" ?
Has anyone attached pulleys to "scooter wheels" such as these from McMaster Carr ? Any problems ? Methods used ( mechanical/screws; glue; etc. ) 8823T35 or 8946T67 (on page 1236 of McMaster-Carr...
9
9

NASA Mars Rovers Head for New Sites After Studying Layers
EDIA RELATIONS OFFICE JET PROPULSION LABORATORY CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY NATIONAL AERONAUTICS AND SPACE ADMINISTRATION PASADENA, CALIF. 91109 TELEPHONE (818) 354-5011 Webster (818) 354-6278...

wheels: do bearings necessarily rotate or just support ?
When we're talking about wheels and bearings, does it necessarily mean that a bearing rotates independent of the wheel ? ( That is my first impression because I think about "ball bearings" when I...
13
13

proportional speed dc motor control
Would something like this work? have any experience with this particular one? How about others they would recommend (in this price range or cheaper)? Thanks. Joe...
8
8

Soliciting papers on Epigenetic Robotics as part of 2006 Performance Metrics for Intelligent Systems (PerMIS) Workshop
PerMIS (See is being held at NIST in Gaithersburg, MD on August 21 - 23, 2000 in conjunction with the IEEE Safety, Security, and Rescue Robotics Conference. The workshop considers issues of defining...

learning from digital inputs + vision
here's a killer app idea for a robot.. I'm very suprised it hasn't been done before.. webcam pointed at the TV screen, software tracks movement of sprites on screen. Video game system connected to...
11
11

help converting C code to Basic for use with BS2
Hi all, I am having trouble getting around the integer math limitations of the BS2, but I know there are ways to do so. I was hoping someone (with a lot more BS2 experience than me) can take a look at...
3
3

How to size the capacitor on the dc power supply for stepper motor?
Hello, I have a stepper motor with 48Vdc and 3 Amp. I would like to design a non linear dc power supply to powe this stepper. Could somebody point it to me how can I size the capacitor on the dc power...
4
4

any manufacturers read this group?
I have my robot complete: stereo vision, autonomous navigation, sonar, electronic compass, localization, talks, recognizes speech intelligent control of arm capable of mapping multiple floors of...
3
3

Is R2D2 a practical robotic project?
While I do not mean R2D2 exactly, I do mean his functions, more or less. R2D2 interfaces will all the various computers and devices, stores and plays back information, repairs systems, and so on....
8
8

stepping motor with high resolution
Hi, I need a high res stepper motor for my project. It should have at least 0.1deg of resolution (or better). Also, it should have a nice value for the final resolution (like 0.1, 0.025, 0.05, etc...;...
11
11

Look for application
What could a robot do in the house/home? Besides cleaning the floor, Is there any interesting and possible application? (I wish a robot can cook delicious meal, but is it possible)
9
9

Mars Exploration Rover Update - April 7, 2006
UPDATE: Ripples and Outcrops - sol 778-784, Apr 07, 2006: Opportunity is healthy and is continuing to drive toward "Victoria Crater." Thanks to talented rover planners and sturdy construction, the...

Robot magazine newsletter #2: breaking robotics news
Robot magazine newsletter #2: breaking robotics news Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 14:50:35 GMT Premier Magazine for the Latest Hobby, Science and Consumer Robotics Robot magazine newsletter An important...