Subject Author Posted Replies

learning from digital inputs + vision
here's a killer app idea for a robot.. I'm very suprised it hasn't been done before.. webcam pointed at the TV screen, software tracks movement of sprites on screen. Video game system connected to...
11
11

help converting C code to Basic for use with BS2
Hi all, I am having trouble getting around the integer math limitations of the BS2, but I know there are ways to do so. I was hoping someone (with a lot more BS2 experience than me) can take a look at...
3
3

How to size the capacitor on the dc power supply for stepper motor?
Hello, I have a stepper motor with 48Vdc and 3 Amp. I would like to design a non linear dc power supply to powe this stepper. Could somebody point it to me how can I size the capacitor on the dc power...
4
4

any manufacturers read this group?
I have my robot complete: stereo vision, autonomous navigation, sonar, electronic compass, localization, talks, recognizes speech intelligent control of arm capable of mapping multiple floors of...
3
3

Is R2D2 a practical robotic project?
While I do not mean R2D2 exactly, I do mean his functions, more or less. R2D2 interfaces will all the various computers and devices, stores and plays back information, repairs systems, and so on....
8
8

stepping motor with high resolution
Hi, I need a high res stepper motor for my project. It should have at least 0.1deg of resolution (or better). Also, it should have a nice value for the final resolution (like 0.1, 0.025, 0.05, etc...;...
11
11

Look for application
What could a robot do in the house/home? Besides cleaning the floor, Is there any interesting and possible application? (I wish a robot can cook delicious meal, but is it possible)
9
9

Mars Exploration Rover Update - April 7, 2006
UPDATE: Ripples and Outcrops - sol 778-784, Apr 07, 2006: Opportunity is healthy and is continuing to drive toward "Victoria Crater." Thanks to talented rover planners and sturdy construction, the...

Robot magazine newsletter #2: breaking robotics news
Robot magazine newsletter #2: breaking robotics news Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 14:50:35 GMT Premier Magazine for the Latest Hobby, Science and Consumer Robotics Robot magazine newsletter An important...

Young Noob wanting to start Hobby
Hey everyone, I've been looking around on the internet for programmable hardware to convert my RC Car into an autonomous robot, but due to a limited budget I can't afford to buy the wrong thing. I'm...
7
7

questions on XL Timing Belts
Some questions on XL Timing Belts, referenced at this page: It says the insert is aluminum, knurled. Does this mean the * bore * is knurled or do they mean that the "interface" where the insert fits...
3
3

Vex versus Boebot
Currently Radio Shack is discounting both the Vex Robotics line and the BoeBot that they carry. Which has the greatest potential for expansion? Do the software tools work for both? Any links to where...
24
24

Small embedded board capable of running Linux/QNX
I'm looking for a SMALL, embedded board with multi channel ADC inputs, multi channel digital I/O lines, capable of driving multiple RC servo motors and running Linux and/or QNX. Do you know any?
3
3

Mars Exploration Rover Update - April 6, 2006
UPDATE: Spirit Seeks Alternate Winter Science Station - sol 796-804, Apr 06, 2006: On the way to north-facing slopes on "McCool Hill" between outcrops nicknamed "Oberth" and "Korolev," Spirit ran into...

Linux World 2006
I was at Linux World Tuesday and Wednesday and brought the $500 robot. ( far, the response was amazing. Almost no one walked by without a curious look. The nerds, and lets be honest, we are nerds, all...