Subject Author Posted Replies

Young Noob wanting to start Hobby
Hey everyone, I've been looking around on the internet for programmable hardware to convert my RC Car into an autonomous robot, but due to a limited budget I can't afford to buy the wrong thing. I'm...
7
7

questions on XL Timing Belts
Some questions on XL Timing Belts, referenced at this page: It says the insert is aluminum, knurled. Does this mean the * bore * is knurled or do they mean that the "interface" where the insert fits...
3
3

Vex versus Boebot
Currently Radio Shack is discounting both the Vex Robotics line and the BoeBot that they carry. Which has the greatest potential for expansion? Do the software tools work for both? Any links to where...
24
24

Small embedded board capable of running Linux/QNX
I'm looking for a SMALL, embedded board with multi channel ADC inputs, multi channel digital I/O lines, capable of driving multiple RC servo motors and running Linux and/or QNX. Do you know any?
3
3

Mars Exploration Rover Update - April 6, 2006
UPDATE: Spirit Seeks Alternate Winter Science Station - sol 796-804, Apr 06, 2006: On the way to north-facing slopes on "McCool Hill" between outcrops nicknamed "Oberth" and "Korolev," Spirit ran into...

Linux World 2006
I was at Linux World Tuesday and Wednesday and brought the $500 robot. ( far, the response was amazing. Almost no one walked by without a curious look. The nerds, and lets be honest, we are nerds, all...

irobot scooba and murphy's oil soap?
I have read this uses a chlorox brand cleaning solution. Can it be made to work with oil soap, which is what I use on my hardwood floors?

Does a polyurethane wheel have enough of a tacky feel to get some grip ?
Does a polyurethane wheel have enough of a tacky feel to get some grip on a hardwood floor ? Or is it hard & slick more like Delrin ? What is the technical term for the "tacky feel" ? ( for searching...
16
16

Drill through bearing in wheel ?
This looks like the perfect wheel for a motor I am using that has a 3/8" diameter shaft -- except for the bearings! Has anyone used a wheel such as these but drilled through the bearing to add a set...
2
2

simple cameras for chessclock project
Hi, I am looking for a cheap camera for a chess-clock project. I would like to use these camera's to take a single picture every time somebody presses the clock. These images would be send to a pc...
6
6

Pino hacking ?
Hi all , I recently bought a second hand Pino Robot, Does anybody knows if there is a website about Hacking the Pino ? I'd like to make it autonomous ..... one day ... kind regards,

Request for Sale Price of Fully Automated Miniature Submarine.
Hello, my name is Jon Baum, and I am a professor at an Arizona University. At the beginning of every year, I assign my students a problem that has to be solved, a class project, if you like, and at...
2
2

Any Vex hack sites?
--Well the prices are finally reasonable; bought the $300 retail Vex kit yesterday from a Radio Shack close-out sale for $100; get 'em while they're cheap, yes? So who's doing what with them; i.e. I'd...
3
3

Realtime video stabilization
We have slighly wobbly/shakey realtime video downlink from our mobile robot. We want to minimize the unwanted motion on our video ie stabilize our video in realtime. Is there any software and/or...
2
2

Hi, friends
I am a Mechanical Engineer interested in computer automation, Electrical & Electronic Devices. How to operate the House lightings & other electrical gadgets thru Mobile Signal & thru GSM . Is there...
1
1