Subject Author Posted Replies

irobot scooba and murphy's oil soap?
I have read this uses a chlorox brand cleaning solution. Can it be made to work with oil soap, which is what I use on my hardwood floors?

Does a polyurethane wheel have enough of a tacky feel to get some grip ?
Does a polyurethane wheel have enough of a tacky feel to get some grip on a hardwood floor ? Or is it hard & slick more like Delrin ? What is the technical term for the "tacky feel" ? ( for searching...
16
16

Drill through bearing in wheel ?
This looks like the perfect wheel for a motor I am using that has a 3/8" diameter shaft -- except for the bearings! Has anyone used a wheel such as these but drilled through the bearing to add a set...
2
2

simple cameras for chessclock project
Hi, I am looking for a cheap camera for a chess-clock project. I would like to use these camera's to take a single picture every time somebody presses the clock. These images would be send to a pc...
6
6

Pino hacking ?
Hi all , I recently bought a second hand Pino Robot, Does anybody knows if there is a website about Hacking the Pino ? I'd like to make it autonomous ..... one day ... kind regards,

Request for Sale Price of Fully Automated Miniature Submarine.
Hello, my name is Jon Baum, and I am a professor at an Arizona University. At the beginning of every year, I assign my students a problem that has to be solved, a class project, if you like, and at...
2
2

Any Vex hack sites?
--Well the prices are finally reasonable; bought the $300 retail Vex kit yesterday from a Radio Shack close-out sale for $100; get 'em while they're cheap, yes? So who's doing what with them; i.e. I'd...
3
3

Realtime video stabilization
We have slighly wobbly/shakey realtime video downlink from our mobile robot. We want to minimize the unwanted motion on our video ie stabilize our video in realtime. Is there any software and/or...
2
2

Hi, friends
I am a Mechanical Engineer interested in computer automation, Electrical & Electronic Devices. How to operate the House lightings & other electrical gadgets thru Mobile Signal & thru GSM . Is there...
1
1

Atmel C one clock cycle
Hi, I'm a bit struck at present as I am trying to make my data transfer over a clock cycle. I'm new to C in terms of using it on microcontrollers. my task is like - __ __ __ __ __ __| |__| |__| |__|...
7
7

Northrop DC/DC Gyro
Hi Folks! Just bought this beauty: very sturdy. It is a 3-axis DC/DC gyro. I believe it is eletromechanical. I couldn't find any online reference on the pins and how to operate it. Anybody has any...
9
9

Unmanned Ground and Sea Systems Conference
Unmanned Ground and Sea Systems Conference April 5-7, 2006 - Washington, DC April 5, 2006: DAY 1 0900-0905 Administrative Announcements 0905-0935 KEYNOTE ADDRESS: "Challenges Facing the Unmanned...

laser rangefinders/scanners for hobbyists?
Hi - can anybody tell me what laser rangefinders and scanners are available to hobbyists? I've seen some very nice scanners that cost $5K and up, which is a tad too much for me. Any suggestions? I've...
13
13

CFP: IEEE AICS2006 - imminent deadline for extended abstracts
IEEE Advances in Cybernetic Systems (AICS) 2006 Conference ========================================================== Sheffield Hallam University United Kingdom. Sept 7-8, 2006. IMPORTANT: Deadline...

Help us celebrate the Embedded Tools Web Shop's second birthday
We are celebrating with a cake and sticky wine......( picture on ) We thought of sending portions out with each sale but TCP/IP has not yet been extended to the "Matter Transmission Protocol" so...