Look for application

What could a robot do in the house/home?
Besides cleaning the floor, Is there any interesting and possible application?
(I wish a robot can cook delicious meal, but is it possible)
RSC wrote:

That is sort of the "holy grail" of hobby robotics. If you can find an application sufficiently "doable" and "usefull" it will be HUGE!
mlw wrote:

Well, what about cleaning toilet, sinks etc?:)
how about fetching bear (that should be reason enough for more research)? Finding that damned tv remote control
------------------------------------------------------------------- http://www.vbuniverse.com/robotics.html
zafar wrote:

Fetching a bear would be dangerous, especially if it were a mother protecting a cub. Besides which, bears smell, take up a lot of space, and I suspect would not be house trained. Yea, sure, it would be fun at first, having the robot get "old smokey" on demand, but do you do after the bear is in your damned house? :-)

Or "be" the remote control!
mlw wrote:

hahahahahha guess I should not talk about things that I don't use!
Correction: please read beer instead of bear
Thanks
---------------------------------------------------------------------------- http://www.vbuniverse.com/robotics.html
zafar wrote:

Oh! "Beer" not "bear," hmmm, that's totally different. :-) Nevermind.

I've sort of gotten infatuated with a wall climbing robot using suction cups which could climb all over my shower and clean the walls. The power, vacuum, water, and soap could be piped to it though wires & tubes. It's be an awfully complicated beast, but it sure would solve a royal pain of a job.
Dave
Dave wrote:

Check this one out: http://www.gekkomat.de /
:0)
--
http://www.robowerk.com /

RSC wrote:

I have a dog. I'll probably get another puppy someday. Puppies do things in the house.
I figure that if I can put a few gas sensors on the bottom of my robot it can locate such stains without me having to snif them out myself. :)
Amonia sensors would detect some types of stain...
Unfortunately the Bug is good enought that she hasn't left any stains for a couple of years now.

Cooking I'm not too worried about as long as I have a microwave.
I'd rather have a robot that can walk my dog(s) and clean the parrot cage. -- D. Jay Newman Author of _Linux Robotics_ http://enerd.ws/robots /
RSC wrote: RSC wrote:

They already have these...they are called wives. The cost to purchase them is fairly low, but the maintenance and support termination fees will kill you.
Shawn