Subject Author Posted Replies

Mars Rovers Survive Severe Dust Storms, Ready for Next Objectives
Sept. 7, 2007 Dwayne Brown Headquarters, Washington 202-358-1726 Guy Webster Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, Calif. 818-354-6278 RELEASE: 07-187 MARS ROVERS SURVIVE SEVERE DUST STORMS, READY FOR...

C-R-M: OT- Best Hard Disk Imaging Software for XP ?
Off Topic: I'm asking for opinions on best hard disk imaging software for a Windows XP system. I want to periodically make a binary image of a partitioned drive so I don't have to go through the...
2
2

Old Version of Quanser 2DOF helicopter
Hello you all, I am working on an old version of the Quanser 2 DOF helicopter here at Concordia University, Montreal. On this link you can see a picture of it: am wondering if somebody of you is...
1
1

Associative memory for navigation
Suppose a robot was constructed which could traverse the interior of a building, and in doing so build an associative memory map of the visual layout of a building -- using some kind of neural net. So...
12
12

C-R-M: USB data/packet monitor ?
Anyone know of a relatively cheap / easy way to intercept USB packets send from one device to another ? I want to hack some software that used to go to a specific FTDI motor controller box so that I...
4
4

CGAL 3.3.1 Released, Computational Geometry Algorithms Library
The CGAL Open Source Project is pleased to announce the release 3.3.1 of CGAL, the Computational Geometry Algorithms Library. Version 3.3.1 is a bug-fix release for version 3.3. No new features have...
1
1

Nice robotic arm idea...
--Uses hydrogen peroxide and a catalyst to produce pressure to operate. http://www.vanderbilt.edu/exploration/stories/bionicarm.html
3
3

I2t Overheating Protection
Dear Group, We accidentally fried (it stinks really bad) a largish DC Motor (1.5 kW), it turns out that the power amplifier / controller that our robot controller sits on top of does not have any...
1
1

larger servo questions
I am looking for a way to control vehicles somewhat larger than typical hobby stuff. Say the size of a small lawn tractor. This would be for steering so I am thinking about using something like a more...
7
7

Advice for a student
Are you a senior in college or high school ? If you get into Robotics Research there's still going to be a LOT of staring at a computer screen, I would think. However, maybe that's just the case with...
8
8

What is the real range of BlueTooth and Wi-Fi?
Hi, We think about what to use for remote communication for hand-made robot. Have you ever done tests in the fields - how long is the distance for BlueTooh, Wi-Fi, ZigBee, etc.? We did some outdoor...
1
1

How does this robot know it has arms?
This video was linked to on Slashdot: the video, the robot learns how to walk. How does the robot know it has arms in the first place? Did it likely have to figure this out (perhaps prior to the...
12
12

Which programming language to learn
I have recently become interested in robotics - I've done a bunch of reading, and am about to embark on a "first robot tutorial" on the Society of Robotics website. When I reach a more advanced level,...
57
57

ECAL2007 Program
Dear all, The definitive and detailed program of ECAL2007, 9th European Conference on Artificial Life, to be held in Lisbon (10 - 14 September), as well as a downloadable brochure, are now online in...

stepper motors and basic stamp
I have just about decided to use a basic stamp for my robot, and now I am trying to determine what kind of motor driver I need for my stepper motors. I will be using two of these motors; one to raise...