C-R-M: OT- Best Hard Disk Imaging Software for XP ?

Off Topic:
I'm asking for opinions on best hard disk imaging software for a Windows XP system. I want to periodically make a binary image of a partitioned drive so I don't
have to go through the painful process of re-installing all of my software after (inevitably) reloading Windows XP.
I'm looking for something that can do full a image back up to & retrieve from a USB external drive. Needs to be from a partioned drive where I have most of the data and executables on D: but all of the registry and installation stuff on C:
If you have personal experience with a package that does this I would appreciate any tips / links. Especially any "gotcha"s and/or really nice features. I'll be Googling on my own, of course!
Thanks! JCD
pogo wrote:

I've not tried it (don't have to backup MSWin boxes), but Clonezilla might be worth a shot. Clonezilla Live provides a boot CD that should be able to access your USB drive. It also claims support for NTFS filesystems and provides a tool for editing the hostname, group, and SID of MSWin clones.
http://clonezilla.sourceforge.net /
- Daniel

XP
don't