aardvark rockets

Does anyone know who bought Aardvarks product line/inventory? Is anyone currently selling these kits?

I seem to remember some good 24/29mm military scale kits from this manufacturer.

Reply to
NaCl

Nobody. I offered to continue production of their kit line, but was rebuffed.

Aardvark R.I.P.

Mike Fisher Binder Design

Reply to
Mfreptiles

I had gotten the Astrobee D, MM-40 Exocet and the Sea SLAM (Harpoon) but don't recall where

It looks like you can pick up just about any Aardvark rocket at

High Power Rocket Technologies

that web page was last updated this past August, which is fairly current for a vendor

- iz

NaCl wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

I've been to that site. I'm guessing (hoping) the $135 for a 29mm BB Vb is in Canadian bucks. Not sure what the conversion rate is.

Still no 24mm kits and a few dead links. Not encouraging.

Reply to
NaCl

On the home page of

was this statement:

"NOTE: Our supplier, Aardvark Rockets, has currently halted production of their product lines due to an impending auction and, in addition, has been unable to ship product for several months. As a result, please call prior to ordering any Aardvark products to discuss which items we have remaining in stock and possible timelines for future product delivery. On behalf of our suppliers, we apologize for any inconvenience, and we thank you for your interest in HPRT."

When I was looking at the prices, I thought "Geez, they doubled the prices on everything!!", then I noticed that they WERE in Canadian dollars (I don't know the exchange rate either). But the stuff's unavailable anyway. Though Aardvark had some good-looking scale models, from my own dealings with & stories from others, Aardvark's owner was shaky (if not crooked) & the venture was poorly managed. -- Richard "with Launch Pad seemingly gone, Blackhawk R & D gone, & Aardvark gone, maybe it's time for me to step up to the plate & kit up some of my much admired unique scratch scale missiles" Hickok

Reply to
Rhhickok

Aardvark did a lot of rebuffing :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

LOL...So I hear. Others looked at the chance to pick up the company as a liability. It looked like a good "fixer upper" investment to me.

Mike Fisher

Reply to
Mfreptiles