Ack! And so it begins....

"Hi, my name is Eldred. I'm addicted to model rockets..."

I stopped at WalMart today to get a tackle box. I looked at a 2-try and a

3-try one. Remembering the suggestions that I buy more carrying capacity than I think I'll need, I went with the 3-tray. I still have a LOT of space left in the thing. I certainly hope I don't feel the need to fill up every compartment in it. I did, however, buy a pack of A8-3s and 2 packs of C6-5s.

Some of you will be amused to know that I also got 2 more rockets. They had the Snapshot, which I'd seen discussed here, and something called a Python 4. The only problem with the Snapshot is that it's a starter kit, with launch pad included. I already have 2 others. My rationalization for this was that since I was planning to give away a few rockets to kids whose parents I'm friends with, I can give them a launch pad as well. I may end up buying another kit, just to have two camera vehicles.

When I got home, there was a package waiting for me - an Astro-Sat I bought on ebay. I'm considering giving this kit to Emily, thinking that it's easy enough for her to build. That of course is assuming I can talk her into giving her Alpha III to Ryan...

One last question: what was the consensus of the 'shelf life' of rocket engines? I have a few A8-3s from when I was into rocketry before. Although a CATO on the rockets I currently own wouldn't be a killer, I'd hate for someone else to use one and destroy theirs...

I gotta find a MRA(Model Rockets Anonymous) meeting now...

Eldred

Reply to
EldredP

Hi,

My name is Mark....I believe I am addicted to APCP, BP, and Hybrid motors.

I have some new words for you Eldred...sage words of wisdom....BUY ESTES BULK PACKS!!!!! I believe you are going to need them. ;-)

Amused yes....surprised...NO!!!! I actually have about 5 Estes Launchers. I used a bunch when I helped my Emily's Girl Scout troop hold a build and launch session. I have also donated a bunch to budding rocketeers....I believe they multiply like rabbits... :-)

GOOD LUCK! She seemed pretty attached to that fella last weekend!

I'll let others answer this...I can't seem to hang on to rocket motors long enough to have any experience here!!!

Mark A Palmer TRA 08542 L3

BTW...................Our next MRA meeting is scheduled for August 14 at MIS..... :-)

Reply to
Mark A Palmer

I will assume that Commonwealth has those...? Matt, you'll see me next week

Oh man, my Emily is in Girl Scouts, too. I never even thought about a 'troop launch'... But, the 'building' part would take too long, wouldn't it?

Very perceptive, Mark - good call. I asked her about it tonight. No way, uh unh, forget it... I also have another problem. Ryan seems to think the Blue Ninja is HIS...

*sigh*

Aw, MAN...

Eldred

Reply to
EldredP

Estes sells those too.

Mario Perdue NAR #22012 Sr. L2 for email drop the planet

"X-ray-Delta-One, this is Mission Control, two-one-five-six, transmission concluded."

Reply to
Mario Perdue

Quest sells bulk packs of 25 C6-5 motors. They sell so many, they sometimes have a hard time keeping them in stock.

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

Fred Shecter

Hello, My name is Tony,

"Hello Tony"

And I'm a rockaholic.

The Estes motors will hold up OK as long as they have not been subjected to extreme temperature changes. If they have been stored inside they should be ok. If they've been out in the garage you might not want to burn them. I've burned a few 20 year old motors without problems but they were inside the whole time.

Tony "I like 'K' motors" Haga

Reply to
Tony H.