Jackson Model Rocket Club launch

Man, that was a blast!(pun intended) That was the first time I'd been to Michigan International Speedway grounds.

I got a chance to meet Mark and his daughter Emily, Jim, Matt, Bill, and a couple others whose names escape me right now - sorry. I probably saw about 30 launches, and launched 4 myself(only Estes, though). My Blue Ninja unfortunately came down on someone's canopy and got damaged against the metal frame. :-(

There were a couple of other equipment malfunctions - one Shrox bird went horizontal right off the pad and almost ended up on the speedway track... A couple others drifted across the access road onto someone else's property. I hope the owners were able to retrieve them.

Everybody was very helpful, knowledgeable, and generous. Great bunch of people

- too bad it's such a haul to drive there(about 2 hours). The advantage is the big expanse of space. That's probably the only place I could launch my larger low-power rockets. If I'd had a larger engine, I could have seen how high the Big Bertha I had would go. Come to think of it, I probably could have bought one from Mark. Great, *now* I think of it. :-) Thanks for the invite! Now I just need to find a field closer to home suitable for the smaller rockets...

Eldred

Reply to
EldredP

It was a pleasure to meet you Eldred. Glad you had a good time. See you in August!

Tony Haga

Reply to
Tony H.

Glad to have meet you Eldred, I could tell you were having fun.

Don't for get to fix the ninja before all the blue comes off !

Hope to see you soon.

------------------------------------- Jim Chambers NAR 80299 L1

------------------------------------- F.A.R.T. Friendly American Rocket Technologies Friendly American Rocket Team

------------------------------------- Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult

-------------------------------------

Reply to
Jim Chambers

Thanks, Tony - same here!

Eldred

Reply to
EldredP

Was it that obvious? :-) Silly me though, I forgot to take pictures of the PEOPLE who were there.

Yep, and I need to finish the other kits I have. Wouldja believe I'm thinking about buying MORE...?

Eldred

Reply to
EldredP