"Altitude records" for A - G range?

This is something I suggested to the TARC team I was mentoring after they failed to qualify and were a tad dejected about that. Since they could use some extra hands on experience I proposed setting "altitude records" in the A-G range just for the fun of it. In building something that they'll get the experience they need and it'll help keep their interest up by having some inexpensive fun. As such I figured I'd toss it out for anyone else that might want to join in just for the heck of it. I don't know if it really matters about any "rules" for this, I suppose just the altitude reached and what motor(s), like Tripoli posts. Maybe what means of recording the apogee too since most altimeters would REALLY weigh down these midgets. Ah heck, let's worry about that later and start having fun!!

Chuck

Reply to
Zathras of the Great Machine

We've had a couple of flyers over here use Rob DeHate's Pico alt, now that is trully a small altimeter.

Damian

Reply to
Damian Burrin