AT 29/360 end-closures?

Can the end closures from an AT 29/360 motor be used on other 29mm motors? I noticed that the opening on the aft closure is larger than usual.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Works fine. My DR 29/180-240 case "system" came with the "enlarged" aft closure, same as supplied with the 29/360. (I didn't even have a "standard" one until I later got a 29/60-100 set also).

They're interchangeable for the smaller motors; the "enlarged" version is required to assemble the 29/360 loads, since the aft part of the nozzle piece is larger in diameter.

(There's a similar situation with the 38mm motors - the longest ones (J570 etc.) need an "enlarged" closure; the shorter ones can be assembled with either the "enlarged" or "standard" part.)

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

At has a 5/8" nozzle stem and they also have a 3/4" IIRC. The closure IIRC does not fit snuglu on the 5/8" stem.

On a USR closure the part fits snugly on the 5/8" stem.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

The way I understand it is that the 29/360 closures are unique to that case specifically. I can't find a place to buy just the 29/360 case without closures. They're all sold as a complete motor because a "special aft closure" is required.

My 29-180 / 240 system is fairly new. (mfg'd 05/2002) so it may have come with the enlarged aft closure. The I.D. of my rear closure measures .825" Does anyone know if the .825" rear closure is the same one supplied with the

29/360 case?

-- Joe Michel NAR 82797 L1

Reply to
J.A. Michel

Yes, that's the enlarged one.

Ton

Reply to
Tom Binford

The USR 360 system uses the same closures and nozzle blanks as all the other sizes down to 60. Universal parts matter to heavy users.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine