aural rocket beeper

Hi,
Bought some light alarm beepers from http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl ;jsessionid112b1e1f43c8574ca3016d4f6c905afd0b807fe19d.qQvJq2PEmlnva30Q-BbQmkLz-ATzr6Lzn6rzqwTxpQOUc30KaNDNo6XKq6zInRmLa3iL8QzIr6Lyp3aQa2TDpBfG-kfGaNmK8N4Kc3yRchuNaN4xf2bCpQPz8QfznA5Pp7ftolbGmkTy?c17485&sc&search=light%20alarm
If the link doesn't work, go to http://shopping.netsuite.com/electronics123 and look up light alarm. I've built a few and will try it out and see how it works as a beeper locater. I've modified it by using a 12v N cell holder and epoxied it to the backside. Was made for 9V but the N works fine. Avoids the screaming rocket on the pad. I don't know how it will stand up to the forces of flight but I can risk the $6.60. Got some other parts anyways. Will report back when I get a chance to test. Maybe this weekend. There are two holes at the end of the board I used for a Kevlar lanyard and stuck a swivel there. Will look at the board carefully and see if I should re-inforce some of the components with a little epoxy to strengthen from G forces. Maybe someone has already tried this?
Kurt Savegnago
Forgive my stupidness but is it set off when ejected and the sun light hits it?

http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl ;jsessionid112b1e1f43c8574ca3016d4f6c905afd0b807fe19d.qQvJq2PEmlnva30Q-BbQmkLz-ATzr6Lzn6rzqwTxpQOUc30KaNDNo6XKq6zInRmLa3iL8QzIr6Lyp3aQa2TDpBfG-kfGaNmK8N4Kc3yRchuNaN4xf2bCpQPz8QfznA5Pp7ftolbGmkTy?c17485&sc&search=light%20alarm
Yep, Pretty cheap too. Is pretty loud
CJC wrote:

I use a personal alarm I get for $1 each, very little mods needed.

05afd0b807fe19d.qQvJq2PEmlnva30Q-BbQmkLz-ATzr6Lzn6rzqwTxpQOUc30KaNDNo6XKq6zI nRmLa3iL8QzIr6Lyp3aQa2TDpBfG-kfGaNmK8N4Kc3yRchuNaN4xf2bCpQPz8QfznA5Pp7ftolbG mkTy?c17485&sc&search=light%20alarm
other
lanyard
Sounds like a nice remedy but I like the photocell that only turns it on after ejection. Of course when I tape the N cell into battery holder, it screams at me. Once packed in the rocket, it "mysteriously" turns off. I do have one of the Pratt hobbies locators and have built some of the 12V beacons from the plans off of Essence. I do prefer those for the times I need something to modulate the signal in the FM radio bugs I want to launch up in the future sometime. I'd like to listen to the interior noise of the rocket.
Kurt
Mike wrote:

Actually with mine it is pull pin activated, only sounds once ejected.

9
05afd0b807fe19d.qQvJq2PEmlnva30Q-BbQmkLz-ATzr6Lzn6rzqwTxpQOUc30KaNDNo6XKq6zI
nRmLa3iL8QzIr6Lyp3aQa2TDpBfG-kfGaNmK8N4Kc3yRchuNaN4xf2bCpQPz8QfznA5Pp7ftolbG
I got a bunch of personal alarms on clearance at Wal~Mart. There were three different alarms in each package, one with a pull pin alarm, one with magnetic switch activation for a window, and one with pressure switch activation that you could put under a door. So far I have used the first two in rockets. I tie the beeper itself to a point in the recovery harness and the pin or magnet to a point further down the harness. When the ejection charge fires and the harness straightens out the pin or the magnet pulls away from the beeper and it goes off. Works great.
--
William Richardson ENC USNR Ret.
TRA 8703 L2