Awesome Flight.

Here is a pic of the new AMW M2200 Skid.

Chad L. Ellis

Chad L. Ellis

Heh, heh... "SkidMark"... aptly named! ;)

Reply to
Mark

Way cool! That would be a great motor for a night flight!

Reply to
RayDunakin

Reply to
Al Gloer

Indeed! Night would be cool. And look at that flame before the sparks n smoke... wow. What is it, like 8 feet long?!

Reply to
Chuck Kremer

Here is a 29mm F. 4 feet to the top of the backboard.

Jerry

Jerry Irvine

Yikes, cool pic Jerry. I still prefer day launches, I have fireworks that are 'single use' and just as good a spectacle, but best at night. But when these things have flames that long... I don't care. Night or Day, awesome. The sparks are just 'goodie'.

It might be a fun GForce motor, but I just can't force myself to buy another one, I like cardboard/paper BSD or LOC rockets. I bet it would spank a LOC Vulcanite with an 38-29 adaptor though.

You provide, I will fly! I will even pay shipping. Label it "Bad-ass 29mm Sparky Motor". Your fanclub will be mad ass hell that someone might fly rockets and have fun, but I'm willing to do it.

I apologize to the JI troll club in advance, and will drop a ham samich off at the next rmr bridge.

Reply to
Chuck Kremer

Firestarter was released at LDRS 1990. The reaction is hard to properly describe now. It was an awe inspiring revelation to all. The challenge in designing it was to make it just as good in the day as at night. Also designing features to reduce the in practice fire hazard.

It turns out in hindsight that every clone or wannabe is not as good in the day and is more of a fire hazard.

Remember this was designed for use in small rockets and was only later repurposed to larger motors. Oh yea, they were certified for years.

We/they now make Firestarter P motors as well.

Come to one of our launches sometime and see how the other half lives. Proximate launching, no waiting lines even with large crowds, readily available motors and plain old fun, all at a site with more permits than you can shake a stick at.

But they aren't "Jerry motors" :)

Jerry

USR are also paper/wood.

I agree they would.

BeetleBoy (Steve) and Dave Grayvis (Brian) will be under that bridge.

I chatted with BOTH of their mom's recently too.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Wasn't there but Warren told me that Skid is one loud motor...

Just curious.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Eng

Does anyone have an idea of when will this motor be certified?

Chad L. Ellis wrote: > Here is a pic of the new AMW M2200 Skid. >

Reply to
David Schultz

Reply to
Chad L. Ellis

Reply to
David Schultz

This motor is already certified.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Binford

Who says?

It isn't on the NAR list nor has there been a recent S&T notice about it. Not a word about it on the TRA site.

All we have is the claim from AMW that it _is_ certified. Not that I think that ANW would lie about this, but I would vastly prefer for this to come from an official source.

Tom B> This motor is already certified.

Reply to
David Schultz

I thought I saw a NAR announcement on rmr, but Google does not allow you to reference that recent of posts and OF COURSE NAR doesn't even post their OWN official annoncements.

Just Jerry

Whining or fact-telling?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

NAR has the cert data. It just takes a while for them to post it.

Reply to
motorman

David:

The motor is already certified.

NAR released the certifications last month. The NAR S&T are behind in updating their web page. The official signed copy we received can be found on the AMW web @:

Hope this helps.

Sincerely, AMW Zoo Keepers

Reply to
AMW Zoo Keeper

Hi there,

Do you have any plans to have any of your motors certified by Canada's ERD? I know we are a small group here but I just wondered. Someone told me that the answer is no but I prefer to here it from the source.

Len Bryan CAR S620 L3

Reply to
Len Bryan

The new AMW M2200 Skidmark motor is certified along with 15 other new AMW motors. The NAR does post our own official announcements. That is where all the R-Notes come from. It is just that people are busy so it takes a while to get them posted. If you look at today's posts to RMR you should see one of two from Jim Cook who is the secretary of the S&T committee. To make up for the delay in the official announcements AMW was given copies of the certification sheets which they posted on their web site. Copies of the certifications were also sent to any dealers who had ordered the new motors. At least two people wrote to the NAR asking about the certification of these motors and were given copies of the full certification sheets. In the future if you have a question about the certification of a motor you may email me at " snipped-for-privacy@nar.org ".

Yours truly,

Jack Kane, Chairman NAR S&T Committee

Jerry Irv> >

Reply to