Blast deflectors

I found a good deal on some uncoated nickle-steel hard drive disk blanks recently, and have been using them as blast deflectors on my launch pads. They work great, even a K motor can't hurt 'em. Of course, they aren't very big so they're better suited for model and mid-sized high power rockets. If anyone's interested, I'm selling them for $1.50 each, including shipping. Email me for ordering/payment info.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Oops, I forgot to post the size. The disks are 5.125" wide, with a 1.5" hole in the center. They can be easily drilled for bolts or screws.

Reply to
RayDunakin

not to knock you, but we have been using pie pans with great success, get em for a $1. the metal pans not the foil ones

Reply to
tater schuld

Another inexpensive alternative is a clay flower pot turned upside down. Cheap and bio-degradable too !!

-Scott Sager

Scott Sager

And already drilled! Been using them for years. Or you can get the clay saucer dishes that go under the flower pots. You have to drill those yourself, which is good in that you get the size hole you want.

And right now most places are dumping their summer merchandise, and clearing out all those clay flower pot thingies...

Bob Kaplow