[F-FT] Vendor comments

There are often folks venting/ranting about poor service, so I'd like to take this opportunity to comment about good vendor service I've received lately:

Case 1: I ordered some launch rods several months ago from bmicad

They came fairly promptly, but as luck would have it I ended up in the hospital when they arrived, so they just got put in the garage for a while. When I finally recovered and got around to doing a launch, I discovered that during UPS shipment, the rods had 'escaped' from the package (despite the fact that is was sent in a very thick tube, and was duct-taped to a long piece of wood for shipment). I was a tad upset, as you can imagine, but because I hadn't examined the package when it arrived, there was obviously nothing I could do about it. I contacted bmicad to see about getting the package replaced, and they were MORE than accomodating. Not only did they replace the order, but they packaged it up even tighter, and shipped by USPS (much more expensive), in order to make sure that they had a satisfied customer. Throughout, they kept me fully informed of the status of things, and really went above and beyond the call of duty. I'd like to thank them publicly for their service!

Case 2: Just an ongoing comment -- I have occasional reason to contact Jim Flis of FlisKits to ask a question or make a comment, and he's always been very prompt about responding. I'm also very impressed with the professionalism of his kits.

Case 3: I recently bought an Aerotech Initiator on ebay (not in box, probably from a 'starter kit'). The seller was very open about there being some 'water stains' on the body tube, but when I received the kit, the 'stains' were sufficient that I felt that one end of the tube was weak (I could have repaired it by sanding and coating with CA, but that's too much like work). I contacted RCS (Aerotech's parent) by phone, and asked if I could order a new body tube. They were extremely courteous, found the part number, and shipped me a new tube promptly (don't get me wrong, I paid for it, as this was obviously not a warranty item). They were well aware that I bought the kit second hand, but could not have been nicer, and the new tube was well packaged, arrived promptly, and didn't cost much (for either the tube or shipping). They treated me as if I were brand new to the hobby (in the sense that they were very encouraging about doing whatever was needed to get my rocket built), and this is JUST the way new customers to the hobby should be treated, in order to encourage growth. Kudos to them for their service!

Case 4: I recently purchased a Micro-Interroc from US Rockets. It arrived within 24 hours, and I was quite pleased with just about every aspect of the kit. I had a few minor suggestions to make about ways I felt the kit could be improved (mostly in the nature of different/enhanced instructions for newer users), and all comments were received and responded to very quickly and professionally by Jerry. I haven't had a chance to launch this one yet, but it looks like it will be one of my 'favorite' rockets to use for a whole lot of field conditions. Given the past comments I've seen from others (very old comments) about poor quality, I have to say that all parts I received were very high quality, instructions were clear, and I definitely got my money's worth. I'll be ordering some more rockets from Jerry soon.

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

I've had many positive encounters with Jim Flis as well and I hope his company continues to prosper. It is great knowing a good guy and a good company are involved in this hobby.

I have built nine of his unique kits and I highly recommend folks interested in model rocketry try some of them as well.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Grippo

I have found both Fliskits and USR outstanding to deal with.

I recently ordered an item from Brian Swanson at BRS hobbies

and received the kit three days after I paid for it--at a great price, too.

Reply to
NaCl

My experience matches, as well, as does that of everyone I've heard comment on FlisKits. Everything I hear is 100% positive.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

I have had great service from Semroc, Rockethead Rockets, Propulsion Polymers lately.

I was especially impressed with Semroc, 8 days door to door from the US to UK, and saving the best part of 10 quid in the process!

Reply to
Niall Oswald

Jim is a great guy. He's even going to mail us HIS Deuces Wild for our mass launch on February 12th. We will try to launch 24 Deuces at once.

And Tom Binford is planning on attending with his 54 mm Deuce.

Should be fun.

John

Reply to
John Stein