C6-0 make a C6-P

Agreed, me too but I did read it once and I was aware of it.

Randy

<randyolb

Well, let's see. It's printed in every kit and pack of motors Estes and Quest sell. It's in their catalogs. probably true for many other manufacturers as well. And it's law in 49 states.

So, yes, I think there are a few people who are neither NAR nor TRA who know what it is. Although sometimes I wonder about a few NAR/TRA members :-)

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

bob: the NAR Safety Code is NOT LAW in 49 states....

If you look at NFPA 1122, the NAR Model Rocket Safety Code is included in Annex B, and it states:

This annex is not a part of the requirements of this NFPA document but is included for informational purposes only.

And don't forget that the AMA also has their own Model Rocket Safety Code that is completely differnet from the NAR code.

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

But the points of the safety code all come from NFPA 1122. The words in the NAR code are not law. But when the NAR code says, for example, electrical ignition, it's because that's what 1122 requires. THe green fuse sold in many stores is illegal under 1122.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

The safety code preceeded 1122 by many years. Therefore 1122 comes in part from the safety code, not visa versa.

The current version of 1122 is a kludge of rules, many of which are duplicative, inconsistent, or plain wrong, but there they are.

1127 is worse.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine