cesaroni I360???

OK they say it exists but it's not on the cesaroni's site or some dealers sites yet TMT lists it. help!!!

Koen

Reply to
Koen O. Loeven

Good question, It does exsist yes or no?

It's the 5 grain 38 mm motor Tripoli certifed it then, CTI changed it cause of the 64. per slug that it was. Trying to get around as "Easy Access" .

It's now known as a J285 as far as I know.

So if you are trying to use it in this year Bowling Ball loft Lite you might be out of luck. I'm not the judge so you should ask Mark Clark the TMT chair & judge of the event.

JD

Reply to
JDcluster

610I360-15A 62.5g Classic TRA cert exp 31-Oct-05

the only dealer reference to it that I could find is

Zepellin Hobbies

it's not on the Pro-38 website, and there's no sign of it at Blacksky, Giant Leap, Magnum Rockets or Rebel Rocketry

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Heres CTI's official Announcement on the redesigned US version 5 grain standard.

Tim Summers

OK, I'm curious. How do you remove a couple grams of propellant from each of

5 slugs in an I motor and end up with a J motor?

Bob Kaplow

Because someone arbitrarily declares it a J.

The same way they declare magazines delivered or some companies 'manufacturers' and others "non manufacturers".

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Hi all, The two I have are both labeled I285. The one I burned a while back was an I285...

Fly straight and true!

MikeyR

Reply to
BRMutti

When was it made, 2001 or 2002 or newer?

The 1 I had was dated 11/07/2001 it was marked as an I360. ( I tend to save the shipping tubes for other things )

JD

Reply to
JDcluster

Hi all, Labelled from 2002...

Fly straight and true!

MikeyR

Reply to
BRMutti

That's not what happened. The original 5-grain motor was a lite J, the 670J300-15A. The first pass at a 62.5g/grain version was an I, the

610I360-15A. Due to demand, they went back and tweaked it to get a J again, a very lite one, tho, the 648J285-15A.

I plan to do my L2 with this one.

How did they get more impulse without adding mass? Well, IANAME, but I do know other factors affect total impulse such as pressure, nozzle, grain/core shape, etc, so it makes sense that they can get a little more (38Ns, 6.2%) impulse without adding any propellant mass.

Or maybe they got a Chicago butcher to put his thumb on the load cell :)

Doug

Reply to
Doug Sams

I think the evolution of the 5 grain went like this. Mike Dennett will correct me if I'm mistaken...

J300 > stay on the cert list until they expire so that motors in the pipeline, i.e.

Reply to
Jay Calvert

hey Jay, how are your new digs, man!

the website looks great

- iz (CATO and CTRA member)

Jay Calvert wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Love the name!

Bob Kaplow

The new digs are cool iz. I'm chilling in my old hood (literally - the wind chill was negative all day yesterday). Instead of helping to run one club's launches, I now get to fly with (and vend at) 5 Michigan clubs' launches!

Thanks

Hopefully CATO will catch a break (weather wise) and finally get a launch off this weekend. Say Hey to the Connecticut gang for me.

Jay

Reply to
Jay Calvert

You can forget using this motor for the Bowling ball loft ;-) It was a fluke. Cesseroni cut their grains down so they weighted 62.5g each. Then had them retested. They wanted the 5G to be a J class motor for L2 certs so when the testing revealed it to be an I they tweaked the design to make the J300. They may only have made one batch of the I360's for cert testing.

Reply to
Robert DeHate

Robert DeHate

So if you happen to have one. Let me know, I will buy it.;-)

Reply to
Robert DeHate

Why can't they just use J's instead of I motors? Given that there are more J's readily available.

JD

Reply to
JDcluster

That would be a different class of competition. There is a 8lb J BBL competition but as I understand it they felt the I-Lite BBL was best suited to the Geneseo field.

Reply to
Robert DeHate

Exactly. We could do P motor parachute duration like at Black Rock!

Mark

Reply to
Mark Clark