Has anyone tried to buy a video or DVD from Discovery Channel

I tried to contact them abut the Rocket Challenge & they just pushed me off to their programing director.

Any ides how ?

JD

Reply to
JDcluster

I recall someoen saying TDC said they don't own the show and so won't make videos for resale

you'd have to ask the FirstTV people

- iz

JDcluster wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Yep, I'm the person that called the Discovery Channel. The very nice saleslady said that The Discovery Channel didn't own marketing rights to the 3 rocketry episodes and that the independent production companies that made most of the shows for them usually didn't have much interest in marketing VHS or DVSs. Sucks, I hope that someone with a high quality recording system taped the shows and will sell copies to us.

Hope springs eternal.....Paul

Reply to
P.K. Moore

I have the show on my computer but the file is over a gig in size?

Reply to
BlasterXXX

A DVD is 4.7 gig

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I had a friend fo direct from satellite to Tivo to DVD-R for me. Made one copy in 2 hour mode on 2 disks, another in 4 hour mode all on 1 disk. Really can't tell the difference.

Bob Kaplow

Sombody put it on the net some time ago in VCD (mpeg1) format. SVCD would have been better.

Reply to
Alan Jones

use dvd2vcd to make cd-roms of that big file

try

for the stuff

Reply to
almax

I have been able to devide it into 3 cd size files in vcd quaility.

Reply to
BlasterXXX