Has anyone tried to buy a video or DVD from Discovery Channel

I tried to contact them abut the Rocket Challenge & they just pushed me off to their programing director.
Any ides how ?

JD
I recall someoen saying TDC said they don't own the show and so won't make videos for resale
you'd have to ask the FirstTV people
- iz
JDcluster wrote:

Yep, I'm the person that called the Discovery Channel. The very nice saleslady said that The Discovery Channel didn't own marketing rights to the 3 rocketry episodes and that the independent production companies that made most of the shows for them usually didn't have much interest in marketing VHS or DVSs. Sucks, I hope that someone with a high quality recording system taped the shows and will sell copies to us.
Hope springs eternal.....Paul
I have the show on my computer but the file is over a gig in size?

A DVD is 4.7 gig
use dvd2vcd to make cd-roms of that big file
try www.dvdhelp.com for the stuff

I have been able to devide it into 3 cd size files in vcd quaility.
(P.K. Moore) writes:

I had a friend fo direct from satellite to Tivo to DVD-R for me. Made one copy in 2 hour mode on 2 disks, another in 4 hour mode all on 1 disk. Really can't tell the difference.
On 10 Jan 2004 18:02:36 -0600, kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.TRABoD (Bob Kaplow) wrote:

Sombody put it on the net some time ago in VCD (mpeg1) format. SVCD would have been better.