Descon12: Results are In!

The results are tabulated and verified. Time to pick the prizes!

1st - 126 + (0.9*126) = 239.4 - Drake Damerau - Venus - Cosmostrader 2nd - 112 + (1.0* 112) = 224 - Tater Schuld - Spaces Balls Eagle Five 3rd - 70 + (1.0* 70) = 140 - Tater Schuld - Heart of Gold 4th - 46 + (1.0* 46) = 92 - Drake Damerau - Spaces Balls Winnebago 5th - 35 + (1.0* 35) = 70 - Stuart Lenz - NTE 3120 NSEA Protector 6th - 44 + (0.4* 44) = 61.6 - Bob Cox - Theatre 3000 - Tom Servo 7th - 27 + (0.9* 27) = 51.3 - Stuart Lenz - Imperial Star Destroyer 8th - 24 + (1.0* 24) = 48 - Scott Turnbull - Dr. Evil's Pocket Rocket 9th - 21 + (1.0* 21) = 42 - Scott Turnbull - MIB - Flying Gold Cone 10th - 23 + (0.6*23) = 36.8 - Nick Esselman - Galaxy Quest - Protector 11th - 20 + (0.2* 20) = 24 - Zak Orion - E-Cluster 12th - 10 + (0.5* 10) = 15 - Dick Stafford - M.M.X.(MicroMech-X)

Regards, Nick

Reply to
EMRR

zak orion

Wow, I won! I'm surprised after all the lobbying that Tater did! ;-)

I guess I'll take the hybrid set from Propulsion Polymers. (Now I'll have to build a rocket for it!)

-- Drake "Doc" Damerau

NEPRA President NAR Section 614 NAR 79986 L3
Remove "My Shorts" to reply

Reply to
Doc

Geez only 8 more points I needed! just three first place votes! well, this definetly was a close one.

Aerospace Speciality Products Gift Certificate Shadow Composites Three Video Set

why these? I already have a 4" LOC IV a Magnelite kit, too many 2.6" kits. I have two of arts saucers (one specifically for microhybrids), the three video set will be my start into composites, the gift certificate will go towards Hagertys spaceship handbook (and no, zak, you can't borrow it)

Reply to
Tater Schuld

yeah, and someone had to push you kicking and screaming to do that!

now you need to set your goals a bit higher :)

Reply to
Tater Schuld

lobbying? I was only trying to promote Descon to the public and get more people interested in rocketry (pssss, wanna buy a bridge?)

Don't expect such an easy walk in the next descon, this time i'll apply myself!

dang! I really wanted that. I wanna see pics when the rockets done. maybe an upscale cosmotrader?

Reply to
Tater Schuld

I would like to thank al the vendors who dontated prizes, EMMR, and all those who voted, for me or others!

Reply to
Tater Schuld

...err, it's EMRR. And to ensure that all are aware, EMRR is not the holder of the contest (since some disagree with some of EMRR's activities).

Nick (of EMRR) is simply the administrator and webwriter for this RMR Descon because it wasn't seeming to get started.

Now, back to your original programming....

Reply to
EMRR

Congratulations, Doc.

Please privately e-mail me your mailing address, and I'll get that stuff off to you sometime next week. My office is currently undergoing a complete re-org (read that as de-clutter/delouse of the century :-( ). I'm feeling generous, so rather than the promised single reload with this, I'll give you two--one for each motor case size.

Just remember who gets your rockets off? Propulsion Polymers, that's who :-)

Reply to
Marcus Leech

That's great, Thanks Marcus! In fact, I'll use it to build my next DesCon entry! (Mentioned in another post)

Thanks again to Marcus, all the other vendors who generously donated prizes, and especially Nick. Nick busted his but putting this together and put up with all out nonsense!

-- Drake "Doc" Damerau

NEPRA President NAR Section 614 NAR 79986 L3
Remove "My Shorts" to reply

Reply to
Doc

I guess it's my turn again. I'll take the BSD Horizon. With some glass, that puppy should scream on a J350.

Thanks again to all the vendors...

-- Drake "Doc" Damerau

NEPRA President NAR Section 614 NAR 79986 L3
Remove "My Shorts" to reply

Reply to
Doc

I was thinking of doing just that. Perhaps I'll upscale the Cosmostrader for the Propulsion Polymer hybrid and enter it in Descon 13.

It looks like the group is going for anything goes!

-- Drake "Doc" Damerau

NEPRA President NAR Section 614 NAR 79986 L3
Remove "My Shorts" to reply

Reply to
Doc

38mm K660.

Jerry Irvine

Well, this certainly has been fun. Many thanks to the administrator, donators, participance and RMR voters. I would like to pick the Iris Kit. Thanks everyone.

Stuart Lenz Stuart Lenz

We are the gray, we stand between the candle and the dark. B5

Reply to
Stuart Lenz

I'll be the first one in line...

-- Drake "Doc" Damerau

NEPRA President NAR Section 614 NAR 79986 L3
Remove "My Shorts" to reply

Reply to
Doc

Well, it looks like my turn to pick. I'll take the PML Explorer. This will be my entry into LMR, 29mm, and Quantum Tubes.

Tater, mind if I join you guys in Caddott some time to fly it? I don't think my neighborhood soccer field will handle this bad boy.

I would also like to offer my thanks to the prize donors, RMR voters, and to Nick for running the contest.

Also my congratulations to all the entrants for the many fine designs. This was a fun learning experience.

-- Bob Cox

Reply to
Bob Cox

No Problem I think.

Reply to
Tater Schuld

Stuart,

Please e-mail me privately with your mailing address for the Iris Kit. The donator wants to remain Anonymous.

Thanks, Nick

Reply to
EMRR

Looks like I'm up for the next two picks.

I'm hemming. I'm hawing.

I'll go with

RocketFlite Ignitor Set

and

USRockets Miniroc 1.2

This is my first DesCon entry, and I'm amazed at the quantity and quality of the prizes available. My thanks to all the contributors!

ScottE

Reply to
ScottE

I choose the Thrustline Aerospace Mighty Mike!

That leaves Zak and Dick with an AAW Prize each.

Nick

Reply to
EMRR