MRE Poll results

Surprised there hasnt been more discussion here about this. The Results are now in, and the Rebiult WC/BoB has won, the M7 second, followed by the Maunsell coaches, King Arthur and the T9.

Full results are here

John Ruddy

Lets hope hornby finally see sense then?

Reply to
Piemanlager

"Piemanlager" wrote

'Sense' & 'Hornby' in the same sentence? :-)

In that case they'll do something like a proper model of a 4F 0-6-0, or stick to diesels.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I think it certainly shows the desire for some decent models of Southern prototypes. There are rumours that Hornby are already in the process of developing the Rebuilt WC, and the Maunsell coaches - as to the rest, I'm not sure.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants some more of the standards - including those LMS designs which were in widespread use all over the country, such as the Ivatt 2-6-0's.

Reply to
John Ruddy

"John Ruddy" wrote

The Ivatt 2MT 2-6-0 would be a superb choice for the average steam & transitional era layouts. Surely there are enough models of large Pacifics already.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 12:17:50 +0100, John Ruddy

You mean, like those Bachmann have announced and are already listed on their website and an example was displayed at Alexandra Palace last week. Keith

Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove

"Keith Norgrove" wrote

I think he probably means the 2MT rather than the Ivatt 4MT which Bachmann are to produce later in the year.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

That's the Ivatt 4MT. There was also an Ivatt 2MT which is ideal for branch line layouts. Careful mould design would ensure that it could also be issued as the BR Standard derivative.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

This is all rubbish.

The ROD 2-8-0 would satisfy so many varied modellers, from 1960s ER layouts, to pre-grouping, that how can you deny the vast number of sales that would ensue?

Reply to
crazy_horse_12002

Definitely agree with that (and also JT's comment). I voted for it as my Number 1 choice, but did you the other people who are now asking for it bother to vote?

Good on you if you did! The poll results are being sent to Hornby and Bachmann.

Dave W.

Reply to
Dave Westerman

If anyone cannot wait for an RTR model, then Comet do a lovely kit of this engine. Highly recommended.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

I just want the class 14 and 17, and then I'll be happy. Oh and I'd like an

07 and a 15 as well, please. :-) Badger.
Reply to
Badger

I was thinking more of the Class 2 2-6-0.

Reply to
John Ruddy

"John Ruddy" wrote

Interesting that there isn't a diesel request amongst them and yet in our shop new diesel releases are outselling new steam models by some considerable margin. Maybe the diesel modellers don't feel the need to respond to polls as the main manufacturers are now well aware of this trend?

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Perhaps because that most of the main diesel classes are now represented? The "missing" diesel classes were in the poll - such as the DH Class 22. Its that there are so many steam loco's which arn't available.

Reply to
John Ruddy

Yeah! Did you vote for an 07 in the poll Badger? That makes two of us then! :o)

~Fil

Reply to
Fil Downs

Actually, all my requests were diesels. A significant quantity of BR (and successors) diesel locomotives were or are available, but apart from a few examples (class 110, Networker, 158/9, 155 and the Lima 101,117, 121, 153,

156), very few diesel multiple units are or have been available RTR. I'm hoping the Bachmann Class 108 will be successful enough to change that (although I daresay DC kits are hoping otherwise...)
Reply to
Michael Walker