Descon13: What's it going to be.....

Let's start the input for Descon13.....

Hopefully, something a little simpler this time. Like a mid-power cluster with dual deployment.

If we're alternating each DESCON as theme & then no-theme, let the next one be anything goes, no restrictions or parameters . -- Richard Hickok
Agreed
--
Stephen Corban
"If you build it they will come" - May 2003

Totally agreed, I never bothered with this one after all was said and done, I ordered the kit, but found it far too restrictive. I guess I am not as creative as some of you, as you were wonderfully creative, and did a great job. I also missed the voting in the news group, as if was fun to hear what other's opinions were on each of the designs.
Chris

one be

one be

Ditto!
-- Drake "Doc" Damerau www.rocketmaterials.org NEPRA President NAR Section 614 NAR 79986 L3 www.nepra.com Remove "My Shorts" to reply
You got my vote there. <very big wicked ear-to-ear grin>
Are kit manufacturers excluded? he he he
Mark

one be

Just because you are already working on one........
besides, this one "should" be a free for all.
free for all sounds good.

"Cluster Luck!"
Any idea at all involving a cluster of 4 or more motors.
Voter's choice, no mission points (except it has to fly).

Close, but not quite.
Any idea at all...
- Robert Galejs
BB wrote:

NICK! I think you got your idea for Descon 14
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Tater Schuld) writes:

Sounds good to me. Plus having 13 as open gives some of us time to design, build, and fly something that fits.
The only rule I'd add to this: no 30 D12 Snitch entries allowed!

Well, there goes my idea.

http://nira-rocketry.org/LeadingEdge/Phantom4000.pdf
www.nar.org
http://www.space-rockets.com/congress.html
ok, so i'll do a 29 D12 snitch
actually, I already got my entry for 14, don't i zak
and it aint pink
--
Tater
President of MARS Club (NAR #660)

For those who missed the reference, I think that's what the young girl flew unsuccessfully in the Discovery show. I loved the narration: the snitch was designed for "only 3-4 D12s"...

I was thinking of redoing my NARAM peanut scale model, converting it from a single D12 to a cluster of 12 A10s... I assume any cluster DESCON will include bonus points based on the number of motors. But to make it fair, it should be based on number of motors FIRED in the documented test flight, not number of motors actually attempted. Perhaps minus number of motors that failed to fire. Any clown can design a 100 motor rocket that only fires one motor...
Actually the Snitch contained 27 d12-0s and 1 C6-0 for a total installed impulse of 606 NS (an I320!). This was her LDRS project flown under my supervision and sponsorship. She routinely CHAD stages her Snitches using 2 D12-0s and a C6-0. She now has a 38 mm Snitch that likes to eat Ellis Mountain I motors :-) and is building her own Art Applewhite Saucer (10 inch with interchangeable motor mount, 3x24mm, 1x29mm, or 1x38mm). She is also building a "Super Secret Snitch" for an upcoming "Grudge Match" with a certain Team1 member who posts here occasionally!!!!
Both her and my son (who built and flew a yank 3 inch Yank Iris for LDRS) have been giving me ideas for my first Descon design(s) to be submitted (hopefully) for Descon 13!
Mark A Palmer TRA 08542 L3
writes:

flew
was
it
not
one
http://nira-rocketry.org/LeadingEdge/Phantom4000.pdf
www.nar.org
http://www.space-rockets.com/congress.html
snipped-for-privacy@rocketreviews.com (EMRR) wrote in message

yes lets! another no theme I vote, of course, this may end up beign a grudge match :)
Plus, if this one's a non-theme DESCON, it'll give everybody that many months to debate/ argue about the theme of the subsequent DESCON. -- Richard "heading to the Verizon store to get "my first cell phone"' Hickok

Site Timeline