Descon13: What's it going to be.....

Well, there goes my idea.

zak orion

You got my vote there.

Are kit manufacturers excluded? he he he

Mark

Reply to
Mark Saunders

You did a great job, Nick. Please continue.

-- Bob Cox

Reply to
Bob Cox

ok, so i'll do a 29 D12 snitch

actually, I already got my entry for 14, don't i zak

and it aint pink

Reply to
tater schuld

For those who missed the reference, I think that's what the young girl flew unsuccessfully in the Discovery show. I loved the narration: the snitch was designed for "only 3-4 D12s"...

I was thinking of redoing my NARAM peanut scale model, converting it from a single D12 to a cluster of 12 A10s... I assume any cluster DESCON will include bonus points based on the number of motors. But to make it fair, it should be based on number of motors FIRED in the documented test flight, not number of motors actually attempted. Perhaps minus number of motors that failed to fire. Any clown can design a 100 motor rocket that only fires one motor...

Bob Kaplow

Actually the Snitch contained 27 d12-0s and 1 C6-0 for a total installed impulse of 606 NS (an I320!). This was her LDRS project flown under my supervision and sponsorship. She routinely CHAD stages her Snitches using 2 D12-0s and a C6-0. She now has a 38 mm Snitch that likes to eat Ellis Mountain I motors :-) and is building her own Art Applewhite Saucer (10 inch with interchangeable motor mount, 3x24mm, 1x29mm, or 1x38mm). She is also building a "Super Secret Snitch" for an upcoming "Grudge Match" with a certain Team1 member who posts here occasionally!!!!

Both her and my son (who built and flew a yank 3 inch Yank Iris for LDRS) have been giving me ideas for my first Descon design(s) to be submitted (hopefully) for Descon 13!

Mark A Palmer TRA 08542 L3

Mark A Palmer

Sweeet! Been a long time since I've entered DESCON. Lucky number 13, here I come!

-B

Reply to
Beanboy