2006 IPMS/USA National contest results are up!

THE RESULTS ARE DONE ! ! ! The web guys have finished cutting and pasting, re-doing and re-doing again, modifying and debugging for the last time. (Yea!!)

The results from the 2006 IPMS National Convention will be presented as Flash Slide shows.

To view the slide show, click the buttons on the left for each category. The show will open in a new window with play and pause buttons below. You can also adjust the volume on the music or turn it off. The thumbnail or list view on the right allows you to skip through the slides.

Go here:

Kelly Quirk

Hi,

Kelly and the other guys and gals from Kansas City, the contest results slide show is beautifully done. It just adds icing to the cake so to speak of a wonderful show that I really enjoyed.

Alex Loungeway Secretary/Georgialina Scale Modelers

Reply to
Alex Loungeway Sr

Too bad the web guys don't know how to crop, resize, and adjust the brightness and contrast of the photos. Some are so small and dark that we have to read the text to find out what they are. This appears to be just an ego site for the winners and contestants, since the rest of us can't appreciate them, or see why they placed as they did. Just my opinion. YMMV. Check A.B.M.S. for a quick edit of "MILITARY VEHICLES201b" by just cropping, and adjusting brightness and contrast.

Reply to
Willshak

Yup, learned that myself helping to put on and judging model contests for a car club!

Mike

Reply to
Mike G.

Kelly,

No matter how bluntly Bill phrased his comments, he does have a point. If you're going to make a "Best Foot Forward" presentation it has to be pretty clean and show the models in their best light, and that may take some doing. I know from the AMPS shows that we had to work at it but there was usually somebody willing to help out and with programs like Adobe Photoshop Elements it doesn't take much time or too many "Boffin" skills to make it work.

Having been an IPMS member for coming up on 40 years now (ouch!) I have to agree that a dark and dimly lit slide show doesn't give us much in the way of pizazz when showing ourselves off to the world.

Cookie Sewell IPMS 1699

Reply to
AMPSOne

Jeeze - let's simply forget the fact these guys succeeded in getting results AND images up so soon after the event. Most folks are happy enough with that. There are several spots on the Web with imagery from the Nats and I don't recall seeing anything from Kelly like: "Sit back and experience the sights and sounds of the 2006 KC Nationals!"... Remember who we're dealing with; volunteers, giving their time and efforts. No one's getting paid for this and no one's passing themself off as Web guru, brightness and contrast notwithstanding.... How about an 'atta boy' for the effort? No one said they had to do any of this. Maybe it's best to wait until the Convention issue of the Journal covers it. Kelly's being a better sport about this than I'd ever be. If you don't have anything good to say, please consider not saying anything at all. Lord knows, my tongue's bleeding from holding it my teeth on myriad other topics discussed here and on ABMS...

Frank Kranick

Reply to
Francis X. Kranick, Jr.

OK, you've changed my opinion. Atta boy. These are great pictures. The many hours of work that went into these models produced some really spectacular results. I can see why they won.

Reply to
Willshak

OK, you've changed my opinion. Atta boy. These are great pictures. The many hours of work that went into these models produced some really spectacular results. I can see why they won.

Sorry, if another reply shows up with a strange subject line. Somehow, a pasted line got in there.

Reply to
Willshak

(snip)

Sorry Bill, it wasn't my intention to try to change your opinion - and your sarcasm comes through loud and clear. My observation was more to point out your crappy attitude towards the whole affair. You know what they say about the squeaky wheel needing grease...

Frank Kranick

Reply to
Francis X. Kranick, Jr.