Discovery Channel feedback

I think we should all send a comment to Discovery to show how many happy viewers they had [which may enourage them to produce more coverage in the future]. I couldn't find an email address, but I posted the following comment via their website at

Question Regarding: Network/Program Related Information needed: General Question/Comment Program/Show: Other Last Watched: this week Program Time: Primetime(6:00 pm - 2:00 am) Comments:

the Rocket Challenge was excellent! I just finished watching all three hours starting at 8 pm EST, and I was very impressed with the production and content! Good Job Discovery!!! BTW: you are my FAVORITE channel!

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Jerry, you have to stop it with this posting of ROL chat.

What was the purpose? If people want to present their views, they will, you don't have to do it for them.

Oh and BTW, I thought it was neat! Kind of interesting to see rocketry from a different perspective. If I saw that, I would defiantly be like WOOOO where do I sign up. But that happened 8 years ago without seeing it on TV.

Fun program to watch. Also interesting to match some names from ROL and RMR with some faces.

- Theo (staying up doing hw as a repercussion).

Reply to
Theo McD.

It scrolls off forever so I saved this brief historic moment for "comment".

Section 107. Limitations on exclusive rights: Fair use

Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright. In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include - (1) the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes; (2) the nature of the copyrighted work; (3) the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and (4) the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work. The fact that a work is unpublished shall not itself bar a finding of fair use if such finding is made upon consideration of all the above factors.

ANY AND ALL USE OF MATERIALS FROM TRIPOLI SOURCES AND LISTSERVS IS USED IN INTENDED AND COMPLETE COMPLIANCE WITH 18 USC 107.

ONLY A VERY SMALL PORTION OF THE LISTSERVE LOG IS USED AND THE FAQ IS AN ESSENTIAL ELEMENT TO SET CONTEXT AND ACTUALLY PROMOTES THE SOURCE FOR COMMERCIAL OR OTHER GAIN OF THE AUTHOR OR THE AUTHOR'S REDISTRIBUTOR (LISTSERVE).

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Looking at their web site, looks like the sequence was rerun this morning starting at Midnight, and will be run again Thursday evening at the same time as yesterday's show (don't know if they adjust for timezones across the country). I'll get someone to tape it for me Thursday...

Bob Kaplow

It came on here in Denver (Mountain time) at 6:00 pm versus the 8:00 pm (Eastern) listed on the Discovery Channel website, so it doesn't look like they adjust for timezones.

Reply to
Brad Hitch

that's why those owned channels always replay things at midnight, so it's on at 8/9 on the west coast. you guys just get to see an early sneek peek !

USA does the same thing with their movies, they play it twice.

Art Upton

Heard about this at the office. Non-rocket people were pretty psyched. I don't watch TV though. My group's software schedules cable network commercials, Discovery included. The last time I watched TV, the same SUV climbed the same spiral staircase seven times in a row on A&E. I couldn't sleep a wink worrying about angry phone calls. Turns out it was some kind of crazy saturation advertising scheme.

Maybe the show will come out on a Discovery Store video.

-Larry (Has all the Osbourne episodes) Curcio

Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed wrote:

Reply to
L.C.

Yes! Yes! LDRS 23... July 2004. And We're not camera shy. :)

Doug BRS Inc. - VP

Reply to
Rocketweb

make sure you have

banners EVERYWHERE!

Bob Kaplow

I knew there was a reason I've been staying away from there.

You make alot of friends posting chat logs, Jerry!

-Rich

Reply to
Rich Pitzeruse

I sent TDC some praise on their decision to air Rocket Challenge, and got this response.

I recommend that everyone use their webform at

to let them know that you watched the show. It can only help support a decision to air more shows.

[ I would not negatively on the content at this time, as they were not the ones to produce it, and we don't want to discourage them re-airing it in a few months time ]

- iz

Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 13:12:46 -0500 From: viewer snipped-for-privacy@discovery.com To: snipped-for-privacy@acceptable-gains.net Subject: Thank You

Thank you for contacting Viewer Relations. We appreciate all of your enthusiastic comments about Rocket Challenge. Positive feedback such as yours is very important to us, as it assures us that our goals are being met. We will pass your comments along to our program management and executives for further review.

A reply to this message is not necessary. For more information about schedules and programming, please check our website,

If you have any further inquiries or comments, please contact us via our webform at
Thank you again for expressing your interest in our programming.

Sincerely, Joy Viewer Relations Discovery Networks

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

No I don't.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

It's over 1200 lines long, Rich. Is ANYONE actually going to read it?

Or how about "Hey JI! Quit posting binaries!"

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

Hahaha, good point, Kurt, I didn't.

-Rich

Kurt Kesler wrote:

Reply to
Rich Pitzeruse

kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.TRABoD (Bob Kaplow) wrote in news:wTKqho6+ snipped-for-privacy@eisner.encompasserve.org:

And on T-shirts! Just don't buy them on RMR :-)

Reply to
David W.

So far I am the only guy to not buy them from. Let's be honest here.

And once again I apologize for that.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

wonder if tango papa could make one for my truck?

Reply to
tater schuld