Discovery Rocketry Challenge no aired in Canada

Rushed home from Buffalo last night to take in the Rocketry Challenge on Discovery on to 'discover' that it was not aired north of the 49th. parallel. Should have stayed overnight in Buffalo! What a pity. Did anyone tape the 3 hour show that might be willing to help me out? I didn't even get a chance to see the ads that I helped to pay for. Geez.

Murray Lampert Richmond Hill Ontario NAR,TRA,CAR,CRS,BRS, etc.

Reply to
M Lampert

The shows were cool, and I taped them on satellite, but the ad wasn't "all that"... but it was enough I guess... Showed an astronaut standing by the space shuttle and presenting the website address.

~Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

yes I have it and will be burning a dvd soon.

I will make this available to anyone at cost. (bout $3 plus shipping $4 with case)

I want everyone to have it !! even better to keep costs down if each person from a club who has a DVD burner contacts me I will sell each of them a copy (at cost no profit here) and then they can burn off copies for the people around them etc..

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

Where can I pay you?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Chris I need 3 DVD's for me and friends where do I send the $$$$

Bobby B

Reply to
bobbyb

I am working on that right now.

for some reason I have gotten almost NO e-mail in the last month of so. I thought my filters were just working better but I am not getting my ebay mail either (but I do get mail sent by me to me)

so post here.

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

10 copies
Reply to
Jerry Irvine

geez Chris is gonna be able to afford some decent motors just on the rounding on these sales.

I want two copies Chris. I am sure if you forget to mail them we'll let your know repeatedly

Reply to
tater schuld

Hey Murray! Agreed... should have stayed in Buffalo. ;) Would have found a place for you to see Rocket Challenge. :)

Douglas Caskey Vice President - Buffalo Rocket Society Inc.

RocketWeb

LDRS 23

Douglas Caskey Vice President - Buffalo Rocket Society Inc.

RocketWeb

You're suppose to say 1 copy... the other 9 willl cost you 2+$ to burn yourself. ;) Assuming that you care that you're copying "copyrighted" material.

Douglas Caskey Vice President - Buffalo Rocket Society Inc.

RocketWeb

That's the MARS club in Rochester NY right?

Douglas Caskey Vice President - Buffalo Rocket Society Inc.

RocketWeb

Hi Chris I would love to have a copy of that DVD As you know us canucks without dishes missed it PLEASE let me know when you plan on shipping and I'll get a money order out to you immediately. Thanks Kevin C CAR S569 L3 BOD member B.C.R.C

Reply to
Kevin Crawford

You can add any videos from my websites you like.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

actually I am selling at just a hair below cost (did not feel like figuring in the tax) $3 is literally what it costs me ($5 with label and case)

I would like to make something but I want to get as many to clubs as I can and I am hoping to be missed by the "wrath" of dicovery channel lawyers and making a profit is a really good way to be targeted :-)

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

I finished the master tonight and it came out VERY cool. one of the nicest dvd's I have made yet (ever since I found dvd-r's for $2 a pop (in a month or so I hope to have enough money to order enough quantity to get the $1 a disc price but that requires 200 disc order :-) I have been having a blast making dvd's

alas programs force me to convert the audio from 44khz to 48khz in my mpeg1 streams and that takes HOURS so instead of just 40 minutes to demux vob and burn it took over 6 hours !! since it had to convert the damned audio :-)

but the result is cool and fun to do.

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr

You have to be kidding. You are selling copyrighted material. That is illegal.

But even worse - it's shortsighted. The Discovery channel and its partners depend on the revenue from reruns, foreign distribution (ie - Canada) and DVD/VHS distribution. If they don't reach their revenue goals for this program, in the future they will be less inclined to invest in series on rocketry topics.

Craig Craig R. Saunders, crs at MaxThrust.net,

News and Information for model rockets and high-power rocketry

Reply to
Craig R. Saunders

you should be able to just add a directory to the burn list off the root in nero burning rom. call it websites.

Reply to
AlMax714

Well I just sent you an email asking for one...

Bob Kaplow

The post office probalby has FREE mailer boxes for CD/DVDs. And if you take them there, they can postage meter the whole pile for you at once, and you can pay by cash / check / credit card and you don't even have to lick all the stamps.

KISS. Forget the fancy label, color case, etc, and just get them out the door ASAP!

Some of your better videos and stills from NARAMLIVE??? and your pencam.

That would be good.

Bob Kaplow