Online shopping in Canada

Looking for any online train shops in Canada.

Thankyou in advance Garry

Reply to
2 Dog Productions

Use American ones, the prices are way cheaper than in Canada, even taking into account out Canadian Peso and shipping charges.

-- Cheers Roger T.

of the Great Eastern Railway

Reply to
Roger T.

The Credit Valley Railway if you cannot make it in person is online at

Enjoy sdg

Reply to
scottgregory

You can also try Lark Spur Line at:

omingmak

And George's trains at

Dale Gloer

snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca wrote:

Reply to
Dale Gloer

Be very careful when buying Life Like ( Proto 1000/2000) and possibly Bachmann from the US and importing them into Canada. Canadian Hobbycraft ( the Canadian distributor/importer for these products) has started to refuse warranty for these products that are returned without a CANADIAN dealer receipt proving that the item was purchased in Canada. I've had two customers recently report that they called Life Like USA and were told that they had instructions to no longer handle Canadian warranty returns or take Canadian parts orders.

Reply to
Terry Link

Reply to
allenby

Canadian Hobbycraft are world class dorks IMHO.

Example: I ordered LL GN GP-30s from my dealer, he ordered them from his wholesaler who ordered them from CHC. Some time later my dealer received a fax from CHC saying they would not be importing any US roadname GP-30s (except 2) because they "do not meet our painting standards", later a second shop owner showed me an identical fax. I ordered mine via mail order from the US, of course they were perfect. BTW they never informed the wholesaler that they were not importing the GP-30s until he phoned to ask why he did not have them yet.

They told a Canadian distributor who wanted to bring in US road name engines he had orders for from LL-USA, that he would be fired as their distributor if he did. These are models they had refused to import themselves.

They sued a Winnipeg hobby shop for obtaining a DMIR SD-7 from the USA for a customer.

Yes I know about the RS-18s and the C-Liners, but their ham handed 'dog in the manger' attempts to keep US road name LL products out of Canada when they refuse to import them themselves makes them totally clueless.

Reply to
Mountain Goat

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 02:46:46 GMT, Mountain Goat shared this with the world:

Really? Which one? When?

I'm surprised I didn't hear about it.

Kent

Reply to
Kent Ashton

Who ever sends stuff back to the manufacturer for warranty repairs?

We're model railroaders, we should be able to fix these things ourselves.