Discovery Rocketry Challenge no aired in Canada

So, Chris, was I off by much? ;O)

Reply to
BB

I could use some reality altering pills. ;)

Reply to
Alan Jones

Yeah, I thought that looked like Rot13...

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

The authors of the DMCA, for starters...

Oh, man - can you imagine what would happen if we fed _those_ to the US Congress? The whole Federal Government would grind to a halt!

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

My newsreader still has read/rot13!

Bob Kaplow

well it ok in the world of two pedophile or two killing people with high powered rifles people.

so yes in a way. now since those things are not "ok" by me they would not be "ok" in my world.

but take "TWO" pedophiles and "their worlds" would be ok with each other.

are you trying to make a point or are you just blathering for the sake of blathering.

we can get into all kinds of semantics if you want but I feels it ok so I do it. nothing you say will change that. MY MORALS allow for what I am doing.

When you can show me that you are perfectly moral in every which way THEN you can open your mouth. THEN yee can cast thee first stone or whatever the hell the god damned phrase is.

till then. shove it.

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr

Lets see you speed and or you cross at non crosswalks.

what is the worst penalty. DEATH.

I copy a tv program to give to other hobbyists to promote the hobby without profit.

what is the WORST penalty.

A letter from discovery asking me to stop.

Hmmm talk about accepting and taking risks.

you have an odd sense of what is and is not worth taking risk for.

If a law in wrong to me I IGNORE it in any way that I feel I safetly can. their are some thing that if made illegal I would defy regardless of the cost.

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr

Yes I do

again I am a free willed entity. I can do anything I want withing my mental and physical means.

NOW this does not mean I can stop the recourse for those decisions from being FORCED upon me.

that I am aware.

You say you can not murder someone. Yes I can. I can walk up to Mark Bundick or George Gassaway or Bob Kaplow at a naram grab their necks and QUITE effortlessly snap their necks murding them rather quickly.

now it is almost a Certaintly that consequences will be FORCED upon me whether I want them to or not but that does not change the fact that I CAN do it if I so desired to.

just like I CAN and WILL at times IGNORE laws that I consider unjust especially when their is ZERO means for me to change the laws.

Intellectual Propertly is a misnomer. its impossible. anything intellectual can not be property by definition. our corporations have simply DISTORTED the ideals grossly.

Copyright is not (at least WAS not) a RIGHT. it was a PRIVILEGE endowned by the state to promote creativity and further works.

it was designed to give a TEMPORARY monopoly as a reward to get people to make MORE works.

the ORIGINAL copy"right" laws were more like what they SHOULD BE. you had temporary monopoly for 14 years and then it was public domain. period.

I would change this only slightly.

Personal works should have copyright for the life of the author (not the owner since they CAN be different)

Commercials works (this includes personla works that become commercial) should have a 10 year limit and THEN be public domain although I could live with 14 years.

I consider what I am doing to fall under the "educational" aspect of fair use QUITE nicely. if I started to give it away to just anyway that would take it outside the purvue of educational. That is why I am confident Discover will either give me the ok OR give me a "under the table" ok by not saying no. by in fact saying nothing.

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

EXACTLY just like macs from just a few years ago may not run OSx

and for you wankering over the cost of windows.

has anyone noted the cost of apples "jaguar" or whatever its called update for mac (and a MINOR update at that)

$130 smackers.

I still run windows 98 on my pentium 166mhz tablet. I run Photoshop 5.5 on it and I run office XP on it and it all runs just fine. and its 6 years old.

Newest version of Street atlas with gps. slower but still runs just fine. mp3 ? fine mpeg ? fine. all on technology over 6 years old.

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

3 years or less they do (including your Cube) and that was the threshold of this discusssion to begin with.

I hear second hand that is less than a typical windblows upgrade (ie ME or XP).

Wordstar runs great on my 1985 PCAT too.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Hey Chris send my discs quick. I will remind you you sent them by paying you.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Point.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Below

So my 6 year old tablet that still runs most any software today counts ehh.

Ehh $90 for any windows upgrade. been same price from 95 to XP

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr

This seems to be a textbook like example of some physo/social pathological dissorder. Since I'm not an expert on such dissorders, I'll just all it a definition of Chris Taylor(ism, osis, etc.).

Reply to
Alan Jones

So you burn DVDs with that? Oh, I get it. You sill have an old computer, aside from the computer that you do most of your work on.

I still run model rocketry software on a Commodore 64, and it's almost

20 years old. BFD

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

Yes actually I HAVE burned dvd's on my tablet.

I plus my pcmcia firewire card in and plug in my sony.

Now I have never tried to burn a VIDEO dvd (not enough hard drive space) but I have burned a data dvd.

MY POINT is that the machine is still just as useful today as it was then. it has not become obsolete and useless. it can do everything today just as fast as it did these same processes 5 years ago.

IE your (or others) attempt to claim some difference as a bonus for the macs is utter bullshit and you know it.

Digital Technology NEVER goes obsolete. Your "desires" from said technology simply change.

if it took your mac or my pc 2 minutes to rip an mp3 5 years ago it will STILL do it in 5 minutes today. and it will STILL do it in 5 minutes 100 years from now if it still functions.

it does NOT degrade. YOUR expectations do.

My digital camera takes pictures JUST AS GOOD today as it took 2 years ago when I got it. But the pictures it took 2 years ago were not "what I really wanted"

they were simply acceptable based on my available financial resources.

You make (maybe not you specifically I am generalizing) make it seem like the pictures it takes get worse and worse and therfore it becomes obsolete.

NO your "wants and desires" become obsolete as you change them and therfore make the technology less desirable to you.

hence I want to upgrade.

eventually I will get a camera with a high enough resolution that will negate EVER have to upgrade for "resolution" reasons. I may however upgrade for "new neat cool features and abilities reasons"

that does NOT make it obsolete.

the PC I got 5 years ago is faster than any mac YOU got 5 years ago and it is STILL faster today than your 5 year old mac. that can not change its physical hardware its impossible for it to change short of it becoming damaged and malfunctioning.

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr

This is not how copyright was created. it has been TWISTED into it current incarnation. you should do a little reading up on your own history (USA history etc..)

here is a good book for you to reference.

it is called Copyrights and Copywrongs by Siva Vaidhyanathan

here is his website.

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr

Any way you will just mail me the disc(s) and have this discussion later?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I am still making them. Nero is being nasty so I can not copy it I have to make them one at a time. 6 hours EACH ONE

got 8 done

I simply do not have time to "find other software" or fix the current software. so whenever I see the disc ejected I stick another in and click go.

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr