Can a Canadian fly HP at LDRS? If so....

Living near Toronto, I plan to drive down to LDRS in NY next year and maybe fly a little. Is it legal for me to bring Pro38 from home to the launch ot buy it there?

I would like to get my Level 1 and maybe 2. Will I be able to purchase and use H impulse and higher motors given my Tripoli membership?

Thanks guys.

Matt

Reply to
Matt

Unless you are a U.S. citizen or have permanent residence status, the short answer is no. The long answer is no as well.

Anthony J. Cesaroni President/CEO Cesaroni Technology/Cesaroni Aerospace

887-2370 x222 Toronto (410) 571-8292 Annapolis

Reply to
Anthony Cesaroni

Only in the Tripoli/NAR world.

Indy launches are free to simply follow the law and not their silly TRA/NAR restrictive rules and felons, aliens, and anyone else can bring rockets to a launch, fly to their heart's content and wallet's limit and leave empty handed with no issues at all ever.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

you may have problem with customs with all this anti terrorist laws going around...

Reply to
tai fu

Cite please...

Bob

Reply to
baDBob

Yes but not "exempt" materials listed in 27 CFR 555.141.

That includes your beautiful, reliable, available, cheap motors sir.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

:)

Good job Bob.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

What about motors up to and including G? Would I be able to fly/buy/import them?

matt

Reply to
Matt

Indy? Never heard of them/it. Care to explain?

Matt

Reply to
Matt

I believe he's refering to independent launches. However, "Indy" is normally an abreviation for Indianapolis or Indiana or a racing series identified with the aforementioned city and state.

Mario Perdue NAR #22012 Sr. L2 for email drop the planet

"X-ray-Delta-One, this is Mission Control, two-one-five-six, transmission concluded."

Reply to
Mario Perdue

Make arangements to get your rockets across the boarder. No motors or ignightors or ejection charges. Then lend them to a US certified LEUP'd citizen to fly. Then ship them home. Gary Deaver

Reply to
Gary Deaver

Canadian LDRS.

You can only import "approved" motors. I do not have an approved list handy and the only one of note is the one about a month before the launch. However the list is short.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Anthony, What about Hypertek motors?

Geoff

Reply to
Bullpup

Sounds like international cooperation.......maybe we can 'adopt' a Canadian the length of the launch......or visa versa ;-)

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Actually the longer answer is "it's possible"... and it has nothing to do with NAR or TRA.

IF a LEUP is required for a given motor... then the buyer is required to have a LEUP... NAR, TRA or any other launch.

Can a Canadian citizen obtain a LEUP? Maybe, but only by going through some extra hoops - I believe you have to obtain the LEUP under a "disability". One of our (Canadian) members is in the process or already has gone through this process to get a LEUP.

Can a Canadian citizen bring "regulated" motors across the border? NO

- Not to my knowledge, and I would not want to test customs at the Peace Bridge, Queenston, or Whirlpool bridges otherwise.

Can a Canadian bring rockets across the border? To my knowledge yes - but I would be honest and answer yes when asked if you have anything to declare.

Can an American citizen with a valid LEUP purchase a "regulated" motor and fly it in a rocket of a Canadian citizen? Yes. It's the motor that is regulated, NOT the rocket. Just think joint international collaborations eh. ;) Can a Canadian TRA member certify at a BRS launch? Yes. Since Buffalo is a border city we've always had members from Candada... in fact one of our founding members of TWNY (Tripoli Western New York) is from the Fort Erie area, and we currently have 1/2 dozen or so members from Canada.

Will BRS check if you have a valid LEUP at any of our sponsored launches? NO. We are not the ATFE and have no authority to do so. And now for some gratuitous advertising...:)

What: LDRS 23 When: July 1st-4th EX July 5-6th Where: Geneseo, NY Who: The more the merrier. Douglas Caskey BRS Inc. - Vice President

Reply to
Rocketweb

Why does aanyone need a LEUP? Please cite

Bob

Reply to
baDBob

Merely asking that question can get you ejected from 2 clubs.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Nope.

Yes but there are zero examples of that since ALL known motors are propellant actuated devices as defined.

Nope. Never.

That would be big news to me. Please keep me updated. ATF conclusively stated there was no way in hell to some UK and Australian friends.

Yes if they are approved in Canada and you have an import permit.

The motor is NOT regulated so it is a trick question and answer as to WHY the answer is yes.

Show me.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Fly - Yes.

Buy- Yes.

Import (transport you're not really importing) - Yes, as long as it's not a reload.

Another gratuitous advertisement for our Canadian friends: As they say on the Price is Right (in your case add 30% ;) )... Come on Down!

Doug BRS Inc. - Vice President

Reply to
Rocketweb

Is there a process or disclosure for "transport"?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine