Can a Canadian fly HP at LDRS? If so....

It sounds like the workaround would be to partner with a person from the USA who would act as the "Designated Owner of Class 1.4 Materials" (and maintain the proper paper trails - i.e., record of date of purchase and discharge, etc.)

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Guess what...I'm not a member of either one. I fly independant.

Bob

Reply to
baDBob

Please cite the laws that differentiate between above and below a G that would require a LEUP.

Bob

Reply to
baDBob

according to the SEA Act passed in MAY 2003: people who may not lawfully receive or possess explosive materials. They are:

- Aliens (other than lawful permanent residents and other excepted aliens); canadians are aliens aren't they? not little green men aliens, but alien aliens?

Effective January 24, 2003:

  1. New Prohibited Persons Categories: The Act adds three new categories of

persons prohibited from receiving or possessing explosives: (1) aliens (with

limited exceptions);

You can apply for relief from this requirement

shockie B(

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

And how does the SEA affect us? No LEUP is required.

Bob

Reply to
baDBob

who is us? them canadians or us americans? I beleive it requires an LEUP for instate purchases/transpo of explosives.... if by us you mean us rocketry people, thats open to debate as usual.... shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

27 CFR 555.141-a-8 exempts all rocket motors from the "explosive materials" issue.

What the big print taketh the little print giveth back.

:)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

So don't be wacky and buy explosives.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Have younoticed that for the entire year you have been posting similar requests, not a single person has been able to?

I have.

And these are web geeks too!

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

'Specially in cal'fornia... ya need a note from yer mama\\\\ local fire marshal to have anything to do with 'splosives, man...

Rockets aren't explosives, they're pyrotechnics, under CA law. (You need a different note from your fire marshal for that - or at least someone does, in order to have a legal launch...)

California, land of the "launch license" long before FAA/AST thought of it.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Actually if memory serves correct - but could always be affected by that Labatt Blue "Canadian" beer... ;) there would be an issue with transporting a "reloadable" motor "to" Canada. As far I know the ATFE is only concerned with "regulated" motors coming INTO the US be that relaod or single use. I'm not going to debate what IS classified as regulated.

Since it appears it there may be resonable issues with motors and/or rockets crossing the border to LDRS 23, I will try to address these issues on the forth coming LDRS 23 website.

Douglas Caskey Vice President - Buffalo Rocket Society Inc.

RocketWeb

Hmmm.... if only ATFE and the courts could tell us WHAT that is. Theoretically ATFE is telling us anything over 62.6gm (G motor) IS regulated... DOT has granted ahem "easy access"... which ATF(E) has let slide for years, and is now in the courts.

It would be easier to cite Florida law on counting hanging chads. ;)

Douglas Caskey Vice President - Buffalo Rocket Society Inc.

RocketWeb

Because we wish to keep our head out of our arse.

Row vs Suade

Douglas Caskey Vice President - Buffalo Rocket Society Inc.

RocketWeb

Hmmm... the Democrats & Green?

Douglas Caskey Vice President - Buffalo Rocket Society Inc.

RocketWeb

That's what she said....

Douglas Caskey Vice President - Buffalo Rocket Society Inc.

RocketWeb

Ha... that's what the NRA has been saying for years. :)

Douglas Caskey Vice President - Buffalo Rocket Society Inc.

RocketWeb

Why Jerry? Do you have a Canadian Manufacturer?

For CAN - besides the "do you have anything to declare" , I believe there is a form/process to declare items prior to or at the border. For ex:... a few years back a (Canadian) club member declared some video equipment we used for a video downlink in my rocket, and it got tagged somehow so that it could be transported BACK to Canada WITHOUT paying duty... that is: if you don't declare it coming into the States, you may not get it back into Canada or at least without paying duty.

DSC

Reply to
Rocketweb

And there aren't JBGTs with guns harassing you and threatening to jail you for hanging chads...

Bob Kaplow

No comment.

This seems to be at issue for Canadians attending LDRS-NY coming and going with their rocket motors and for Americans coming and going to LDRS-AL. So if you have clarification of what prople should do with PREPURCHASED motors that are clearly legal to posess, transport and discharge, but the vaguaries of border crossings are the only concern, please share them.

If I am wrong that only Canadian approved motors can be brought in and either discharged or returned back, cite a fact.

Thanks.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

You wouldn't happen to be a former elf that's now a dentist would you? ; )

Randy

Reply to
Randy