CNN Headline News Today- ATF Vs. Rocketry

11:33Am PST on my End-

They repeat it all day so check it out. What a good Rocketry Vs. the ATF piece. They just seem to laugh at the ATF, very well done. The lady that is the reporter asked if she "looks like a terrorist?" and lanches a Estes rocket.

Things ain't so bad.

Reply to
Chuck Kremer

BTW, 43, and 44 on my CTV are CNN, and CNN 'Headline News' respective.They are diffrent, and can't say which one had the actual broadcast for sure. Someone can clarify I'm soon I'll bet. Sorry 'bout that.

Reply to
Chuck Kremer

It is CNN, Headline News Channel and I recorded it. I'll post the wmv file link in the morning after work tonight if someone wants it for the TRA/NAR, or just for their personal viewing.

Reply to
Chuck Kremer

yes please do post...thanks shockie B)

respective.They

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Will do. Got to hit the rack, but will load it up by the morning after work tonight.

Anyone with cable can watch the story every hour on the hour though I'd bet on CNN Headline News.

If nothing, it's amazing how good CNN cameras can zoom in and make B and C engines flames look sweet!

Reply to
Chuck Kremer

Reply to
W. E.Fred Wallace

This should be in the FAQ.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Did you ever post this? If not, please do. Or email to ddeerrff - at

- mailandnews - dot - com

Derf

Reply to
Derfram Dunham

Sorry 'bout that.

Chuck Kremer

Thanks for that.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Report was pretty crappy (as expected of TV news). Almost every product, model, launch shown was an Estes / black powder model rocket. No mention of APCP, or the term "High Power Rocket".

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

Reply to
Fred Shecter

Nope.

It is never, never, never.

UNLESS you are a member of either NAR or TRA. 2500 screaming whiners are the national exception. Thank god TRA and NAR shrunk their influence from 20,000 to 2500!!!

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Prove it, Big Fine. Let's see you openly selling reloads without ATF permits.

Reply to
RayDunakin

But wasn't that the point Fred? Every rocket, even an Estes rocket will go AWAY with regulation?

I'm going to club you with a 'get-a-clue' club and ask you to just be happy. Even when Jerry agrees.

Geez.

Reply to
Chuck Kremer

Nope. That is not the point. You have been led down the panic-path.

It could affect every APCP rocket motor or reload kit eventually, but not Black Powder under 62.5 grams.

If they try to regulate regular Model Rocket motors, they will fail so badly and so publicly that their careers will be over. They will hit a hornets nest full of school teachers, scouts (girl/boy/etc.) , indian guides, TARC participants, teachers and mentors, CAP, and millions of regular people.

i saw what happened when they made a simple mistake in proposed CSFM regulations that would have drastically affected Model Rockets. Folks drove from all over the State to attend the hearings and politely and clearly communicate their displeasure. The folks were alerted by the nice folks at Estes, who have quite a database of educators and youth group leaders. This was long before Quest or Apogee or the others existed.

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

Reply to
Fred Shecter

I disagree. They have no clue, but made a point you miss even.

When asked" Do I look like a Terrorist" she launched a Estes rocket, and that summed it all up. Then they said those same Estes rockets were what will be not toys, but 'terror tools' according to the government.

I taped it off of CNN. I took the time to go from taping it on VHS, copying it to a Sony Digicam, then to a DV USB record in Adobe Premire on a computer, modded it more for people that only have dial up, and then load it to a website so you could see it. Believe me, I saw the CNN session. About

21 times by then. Did you?

I'll spell it out. If you regulate your "High Power" your hobby goes away. That's what they are saying. Because the Estes ground level grass route suppliers of "High Power" go away as well.

Hello?

There is noway you can discount the worth of this CNN segment. You'll try cuz you pry hate Jerry because he might agreee, but your way off.

They ARE tring to regulate your Alpha 3, don't you get it?

displeasure. The folks were

and youth group

message

Reply to
Chuck Kremer

Black powder motors will be the least affected. As Fred points out, the wrath of the soccer-moms is something even the BATFE does not want to face. Oddly, the 50 lb limit for use in antique or replica devices might actually drive HPR back toward Congreve rammed powder designs, yuck. Twenty pounds of ballistically recovered cast iron on a stick is not the safest thing in the world.

Reply to
Eric Pederson