Model rocketry dieing? Dead?

I would like to start a new post based on a post made by a "Beatle man" who claims this hobby is dead or dieing. While I respect the mans( I assume it
to be a male no offense if otherwise) right to his opinion. He also said it was boring and too expensive and chooses another hobby to occupy his time.. That's fine to each his own. I personally do not care if it is dieing other than I enjoy doing it and would like to continue. Regulation is necessary unfortunately and I am all for reasonable controls and regulations. Reasonable is in the eye of the beholder I guess. The Oklahoma bombings were done with fertilizer yet they did not make all fertilizers of thsitype illegal... And outlawing all high power or otherwise rocket motors is just as unreasonable. I think there will be compromise and workable solutions will and have thus far been reached. Kind of brings me to the question that some ask WHY do you do model rocketry... well I enjoy it! That's why... am I trying to win a Nobel prize or make some great scientific discovery... no just having fun, myself and my children.. Maybe it is a dieing hobby but not for me I still pursue it regularly and enjoy it.
--
Chris Pine

www.penartists.com

who
it
time..
My dog has an opinion too, I just wish it wouldn't keep leaving it on the grass.
Joel. phx
Get off rmr and go fly rockets.

Is this hobby dying?
Not from my perspective.
Popularity of an activity ebbs and flows with time - just look at slot cars for an example of that. Slot car racing has 'died' at least twice or three times in my lifetime. So has bowling, for that matter.
So long as the products continue to be available in any way, I'll still be involved.
Why?
Several reasons. First, it's been my major hobby activity for 38/48's of my life. I can't imagine all the ways in which my life would have been poorer without model rocketry, including:
- Two junior-high division regional science fair wins. - A tremendous experience at one of the biggest NARAMs of all time, NARAM-15 in Columbus, Ohio (thanks again, Dr. Gregorek!) - Friends I look forward to seeing every summer on the flying field, whether at NARAM, regional meets, fun fly events, or at HPR events. - A never ending challenge to improve my building and flying skills. I don't know why, but it never gets old for me.
MJ

No.

First off, it's not dying, not by a long shot. Under attack but it's not dead.

it
Most people on rmr are just confused. Every time I ask someone here what the time is, I get a different answer. ; )
Randy

and
time
the
Does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody really care?
:-)
John

About time? No I can't imagine why? Oh no, we've all got time enough to die....
Randy
Well, only in Chicago. ; )

The time is the present, which is why it's called a gift.
--
Chuck Rudy

VooDoo Digital Productions
And I was walking down the street one day Being pushed and shoved by people trying to beat the clock, oh, so I just don't know, I just don't know And I said, yes I said .....
Does anybody really know what time it is ?

9:47 am 28/04/04 ( note you daft yanks the CORRECT Date formatt not that silly backward one you guys use....bah putting the month before the day....I suppose you put carts in front of horses as well)
Love the group heretic.

regularly
not
what

day....I
That's on your side of Greenwich. You're looking at it in a mirror. ; )
Randy
Nice try but our side of greenwich was found before your side....pffffffftttt :-P

that

Well . . . yes? And get explosives permits for exempt materials too.
Daft indeed.

Randy wrote:

When did You ask them? ;)

Not dead....
Just resting.
--
Mike KD7PVT
NAR #70953 - Sr/HPR Level-1 ~ BEMRC - NAR Section #627
On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 12:34:13 -0700, nojunk@this_address.com (Mike Pearson <see .sig>) wrote:

It's just pining for the fjords....
- Rick "beautiful plumage" Dickinson
--
"...we take the South road out of Nairobis for about twelve miles
and then ask." "Does anyone speak Swahili, sir?" "Oh, yes I think most

model rocketry will never die, unless of course the BATFE gets a wild hair up its butt someday....
shockie B)

who
it
time..
will
prize
my
it

who
Yup.. the glory days are gone.. but I can say that about a lot of different hobbies..
Just got back from launching at the local undeveloped park, Seems three of us "rocketeers" got the same idea at the same time... One group was three generations just cracking open a starter set RTF. Another group also had a RTF set, but they have flown before... Then you have I and my family.. I'm a BAR... All rockets were balsa, etc, etc, except for one Almost ready to fly Shuttle Express.. Everyone had a good time. One of the men stated.... "I thought model rocket interest had all but vanished.. I'm surpised there are three of us here!!!" .... I told him, when the wind dies down and the skies are blue, we come out of the woodwork.
I sure left a lasting impression when I launched my Maxi Honest John on a F21 ... Up to pressure ... Baaammmmm!!!
This is just a park around the corner from where I live...
It's not dead..
TF