Phenolic tubing

Anyone know where I can 13mm, 18mm and 24mm tubing sizes?

- alex

Reply to
Alex DeMarco

Are you looking for the stuff known as blackshaft used in competition models?

Reply to
Scott D. Hansen

I've heard of that but never seen it - is it still available?

Are there other "flavors" of phenolic tubing in those sizes? (I _think_ RocketVision had 24mm phenolic that they used on the Machbuster etc, but I have no idea if that's available anywhere else...)

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

No, but since you mentioned it.. Anyone still make that?

- Alex

Reply to
Alex DeMarco

I'm sure any tube manufacturer will make it if you pay them. ;-) I don't know of any rocketry retailer that still carries it though. Chad Ring was the last person that I knew carried it. He's (Ring Rocketry) gotten out of the retail business though.

I had bought some of his blackshaft, that's why I asked if that's what you wanted. If that was what you wanted I could've sold some of it to you.

Reply to
Scott D. Hansen

alex: apogee has that blackshaft in 13mm.... and Chad Ring of Ring Rocketry used to stock that blackshaft in 13/24mm sizes...

IS there any specifc reason why you want/need phenolic thin wall tubing? For competition purposes?

You can make a close approximate to phenlic tubing:

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

usrockets.com