Jerry Irvine, on 'godhood'

here is a tongue-in-cheek anthology of Jerry's attributions of godhood
it's by way of a "holiday gift" from me to him, an acknowledgement of
his perserverance and hopefully a context to help rmr'ers appreciate one of Jerry's idiosyncracies in a new light. Sometimes we all take ourselves a bit too seriously, and don't leave alot of room for others to express themselves how they will
so I offer this opportunity to take a step back from the heavy content that has pervaded the group, and have a chuckle and perhaps a smile for this gentleman who I regard as my friend.
Jerry, happy holidays - and may you enjoy yours with those you love!
- iz
P.S., the raw data in Excel format is posted to abmr, enjoy!
=== Jerry Irvine, on "godhood" =- 1995 -
07/18    Being a rocket god only posts a target to your butt. Don't do it.
- 1996 -
03/26    Declared rocket god. Worship me. 07/19    Keep in mind I did not declare myself a rocket god. 07/28    Just GOD 07/29    BTW if people would stop speculating as to whether or not I was some sort of rocket god (like that term really has true meaning) I would not feel it appropriate to address the issue by buying into it to make the point. 'Jerry is a rocket god.'-Tom Blazanin 07/29    Name calling god. 09/18    Designated, recognized, declared, rocket God. 10/22    Booted from the NAR by a rocket god, an astronaut and the President. Cool, he MUST be important!
- 1997 -
06/26    If there is a god his name is Vern and if she is female then it's Gleda.
- 1998 -
02/13    Correction. Tom Blazanin called me a rocket god. 07/01    Accused rocket god.
- 2001 -
03/12    It must be nice to be god in ones own mind. 05/30    Cesaroni = new HPR god (bow) 06/11    Anthony Cesaroni is the new HPR rocket god. 06/11    Former HPR god. 06/29    Thank goodness rocket god-dom has been shifted to a new personality this year. 08/15    You [Mark Simpson] are not god. Not even a rocket god. . . . yet. 08/16    'Being a rocket god is a bug not a feature.' - Jerry Irvine talking about GH Stine 08/22    I am the all powerful rocket god! 11/12    Jerry. Rocket God 11/14    Whoever implements that model will seem like a rocket god
- 2002 -
02/23    > Yes, I make my living testing military ordnance (incl. rocket motors). | Note to self: definition of rocket god. 02/27    When a rocket god paves a freeway for you, take it. 03/09    Vern is truly THE rocket god 03/12    Your local rocket god. 03/17    Ever hear of a rocket god? He is self appointed. 05/11    God of igniters dethroned by time. 06/08    Tom Johnson who was the god of class 4 and 5 altitude 06/26    Jerry is your god and therefore was just adjudged unconstitutional. 07/04    Your god, worship him (or just occasionally listen to his advise) 07/08    Some day I will EARN rocket god status. 07/15    Jerrry [sic] Irvine is your EX and HPR god. 07/22    You are my personal rmr god Rob [Edmonds] 07/23    I never even mentioned it till about 10 people called ME a rocket god. I sluffed it off and laughed at first and now I joke about it ... The term rocket god can be described better by calling it someone who has done some wide ranging accomplishments and is a focal point for attention. I think both are true in my case and a dozen or two other people in rocketry. 07/28    Vern Estes *IS* the rocket god prime. 08/21    I thought Bruce Kelly and all RSO's were god?
- 2003 -
02/19    Jerry is your god. 02/21    So if I am a very minor god and Harry and Vern are my gods, who are theirs? 02/27    Jerry Irvine is your god and has made a commandment. 02/27    I am your god, follow my commandments blindly. 03/06    Harry [Stine] is my god, how about you? 05/22    Or to quote myself, 'RSO is god.' 05/27    An arbitrary rule set by a long since dead god. A good god. Just a not always right god. Mostly right though! How do you think people become god anyway? 07/20    So as far as they [Tripoli] are concerned, I am an unemployed bum, destitute former rocket god. 09/02    I would say Korey was a pioneer type on a variety of fronts and truly THE HPR rocket god ala Stine in model rocketry 09/17    RSO is GOD is a truism. 09/17    ON a state level local permission is GOD. 11/02    G Harry Stine, founder of NAR and author of the bible of model rocketry (hereafter referred to as 'GOD' 11/04    God of rocket history, and modest too. 12/05    I am your GOD. 12/05    I am your GOD. I shall be your god hereinafter. 12/10    Jerry is your legal god. 12/14    I am your APCP god
=I hope you enjoyed it. I found it interesting to see who Jerry holds to be "godlike", and his ambivalence about the attribution to himself. I hope it served its purpose, and we don't take it quite so seriously when we (inevitably) see more of these in the years to come.
Happy and Healthy Holidays to one and all!
- iz

Merry Christmas!

For those of you with such disc space and free time you saved this, remember, your god did not!

I want to see the list of rude baiting retorts for new years!

Are you implying that you are our God... Jerry? Please correct me if I am wrong. If I'm not then you are one pompous ass. A pompous white pimply ass.
skooter
On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 09:00:51 -0600, SmokestackThunder

Notice the difference between "g" and "G"? I believe it was Tom Blasinin (sp?) that first started calling Jerry "rocketgod" for his knowledge and background in the hobby.
Must be difficult getting around with that chip balanced on your shoulder all the time.
Bob

Jerry is no god.
skooter
And you are....
--
Stephen Corban
"If you build it they will come" - May 2003
snipped-for-privacy@weinerboy.org wrote:

ROTFLMAO!!!
Just remember, don't cross the streams!!!
David Erbas-White

1 - Keyboard 1 - nasal spray
Where should I send the bill?
Joel. phx :)

Send it to your god!

ROFL!
~ Duane Phillips.

Jerry is your personal god. I alone justify your public persona on rmr.

Yawn...

Just think how history might have changed if Tom Blazanin had simply said "you are a towering soul in the fabric of rocketry for your knowledge and background in the hobby."
Jerry
Jerry Irvine wrote:

isn't that a mixed metaphor?
- iz

Yes I most certainly am YOUR god. Deal with it! I control you, I am your emotional barometer. I hope this gets added to next year's 2003 list :)
I've replied back to some of Jerry's posts in a bit of anger but this time I think it's funny...someone has to step up and take the lead so to speak. And if you just get past Jerry's political crap thrown into most of his posts he usually does have some very good input that can be backed up and is quite reliable. All hail Jerry!....or not.....whatever.....Merry Christmas to all!
Randy D Co-Prez, SoJARS
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (NeoF14) wrote:

Oh my god!
(NeoF14) wrote: