CONNECT THESE DOTS

Connect These Dots, Now

Complete article at:

"We should have secured the Mexican border." That could be the pitiful lament we hear from negligent U.S. officials if al Qaeda pulls off an attack on the United States using weapons of mass destruction smuggled across our southern frontier.

Were that horrendous event to happen, leaders in the Administration and Congress would be justly hit with the same question that was perhaps unjustly cast at them and their predecessors after the unprecedented September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks: Why didn't they connect the dots?

This time, they will have no good answer. We have seen warning signs: al Qaeda wants to hit the U.S. with weapons of mass destruction and it sees the Mexican border as a weak flank in U.S. defenses against such an attack. Time magazine reported this week that an Egyptian named Sharif al-Masri was captured in August in Pakistan. According to Time, al-Masri told interrogators that al Qaeda has considered plans to "smuggle nuclear materials to Mexico, then operatives would carry material into the U.S."

Pls copy and distribute freely.

Reply to
Cribsheet

well gee, I guess if we want the best chance to catch those bad guys we better open up the borders complete so they can get in! ha ha, got 'em in my trap, suckers!

Cribsheet wrote:

Reply to
Cliff Sojourner