do the regs cover coil guns

lol ;-)

some of the guys at work have lunch at owl preserves. they get wings and beer.

think orange and white

Reply to
AlMax

That's just evil :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yep, they use Household Black powder to launch them from a flat surface.

As Ellain would say, "Get out of town!"

Reply to
AlMax

First, I was speculating on how quickly ATFE would react to such a system being designed and used.

Secondly, this would not be a rocket since it is not self powered.

Third, at hypersonic speeds any metalic object thick enough to withstand the heat generated at such a speed would pass through most things it would encounter such as an airplane, a house, or somebody.

Remember the SR71 Blackbird flies at Mach 3.5(hypersonic). It has no fear of beind shot down by ground fire since it can outrun ALL firearms ammunition and most air to air missiles and most surface to air missiles. Again, you are dealing with what would be called a vehicle or projectile, not a rocket. Also a fully automatic weapon is considered a destructive device, it has no warhead, just fires bullets. So are switchblades and stilettoes for that matter. Both are classified as class 3 destructive devices by ATFE.

Reply to
Mark & Deborah Lewis

Reply to
Mark & Deborah Lewis

Hmmm. I thought Warner Brothers was the only one licensed for that. ; )

Randy

Reply to
<randyolb

Heh, heh. For my 7th grade science project I made a working cutaway model of a gun-type uranium bomb. When the "uranium" slug hit the target, it triggered an AG-1 flashbulb for effect.

The nun (catholic school) doing the judging wasn't expecting the special effect, and I do believe she lost bladder control at the flash of white light from the "bomb".

I got a "D" and was reprimanded for "innapropriate subject meterial"

Reply to
Scott Schuckert

Around here, at least, you can't walk into a drug store and buy a hypodermic - it's a prescription item. DESPITE the fact that they're given out free by government or government approved programs.

Private groups can't hand them out; only the government is exempt from it's own laws.

Reply to
Scott Schuckert

no the power source, cap bank would have to be on the pad.

as for the atf that doesn't apply and the federal govt doesn't appear to cover items that are like coil launchers plus IF I were to build one, I would launch it on a military camp to avoid public interactions and federal transport interactions, or restrictions

Reply to
Misha

Not if you put the blender on "liquefy".

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

That just rocks!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I've seen anvil launching, up close and personal. The altitude reached barely exceeds 20 feet. Besides, anvils are not rockets. But they are Ferrous, so I guess you could fire them from a rail gun.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

We believe you.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Actually, they get launched from on top of another anvil. The bp is placed in a "well" machined into the top surface of the bottom anvil.

You get extra points if you catch the anvil before it hits the ground. ;)

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

But then it would be "owl jelly", not "owl preserves"...

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

So kids start out launching tin cans with Black Cat fire crackers, as as they brow older, they move on to anvil launching. What's next?

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

This thread is useless. However, I will point out that non metallic "rockets" can also be launched using electro-static forces.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

Around here you CAN buy the baby hypodermics for dispensing small doses of medicine to infants.

And at Farm & Fleet, I can by all the syringes and NEEDLES I want. The only question they ever asked me is if I was using them on farm livestock; If I were, I wouldn't have to pay sales tax!

Bob Kaplow

In the "old west" it was a common form of celebratory behavior to "launch" anvils, i.e. fourth of july, county fairs, rodeos and so on. So like muzzle loading guns and cannons, it's o.k.

Not a lot of fireworks availability back then.

If You've never seen it in person, you'd never believe how really, really loud it is!

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

You were robbed! You could have tried something like "God creates the universe 15 billion (or so) years ago with the Big Bang."

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones