Estes "E" powered Sapce Ship One?!

I just visited Hobbylinc's "new" section and even though it's listed as unavailable, they have under the category of Model Rockets - E size
engines, " Space Ship One 'E' " - list price $64.98! Seems Estes is making an upscale SS1. Anyone have any additional info.?
snip
I had not heard of an upscale version but I have seen a C powered one and it was scary both times.
Randy http://vernarockets.com /
snipped-for-privacy@charter.net wrote:

Apparently Estes now recommends an extra half ounce of weight in the nose. Mine flew fine the first flight, and unstable the second. I used way too much paint on the wings (screwed up the paintjob, got a nice red fingerprint on the white wings) and don't have that extra weight. I'll try adding some and seeing if it helps.
--
John Bowles
NAR# 84674
Der_Red snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

an
I know of this company who *just* released a new, certified G size 29mm hybrid motor.... This would be a pretty cool vehicle for that motor, wouldn't it?
;)
P.S. - I saw the smaller one 'fly' last month....
By 'fly', I mean it went into the air and 'flew' around in some loops before crashing to the ground ;)
Todd Moore Sky Ripper Systems.
snipped-for-privacy@gtlakes.com wrote:

Include nose weight.

loops
Yep, same here. Just saw one "fly" on Saturday. The guy exclaimed; "that's _after_ I put in the clay!"
steve