estes new waterburner and outlander kits as shown in sport rocketry

Quest likes high prices.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

No, it's more like a mission, a search, perhaps even a dream...

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

by all means, Quest!

Apogee sells Quest in sizes A6-4 thru C6-5 at

certified by NAR see

- iz

tater schuld wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Not only does Apogee sell Quest, but Quest actually sells Quest.

Orders for bulk packs of kits and motors can be placed by contacting them. See their website.

(I think the boycott idea will just increase sales. This is not "grapes" we're talking about. You will never make a teeny-weenie dent in Estes sales unless you lay down in front of every Wal-Mart, Michael's, Hobby Lobby, Hobbytown USA, Hobby People, etc. and block access. Direct your energies to something positive and constructive. If there is a better alternative, people will turn to it. If you build it, they will come.)

Reply to
Fred Shecter

If you ban or refuse to certify it they cannot get it.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

So it has a valuable use then . . .

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

that site has an under construction sign, with an announced "late fall debut"

it does have some contact info, though:

snipped-for-privacy@questaerospace.com

800-858-7302

I emailed them for a pricelist, catalog and list of dealers

- iz

P.S.: Fred, I never realisticly expected an effective boycott. Rather my intention was to create awareness, esp. among our new visitors, that other options exist - and that there is a case for opting out of becoming an Estes customer and supporting our own vendors, including the considerably better quality from rocket kits created by rocketeer small businesses.

Boycott Estes is an attenti> Not only does Apogee sell Quest, but Quest actually sells Quest.

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Quest's response:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Jerry is correct about the prices:

A6-4 $6.60 B62/4 $7.13 C6-5 $7.86

I have no special love for Estes, but I have no grudges either. They're running a business, not a charity. Their attitude is a shame but their management is free to run the company how they see fit. I think it would be even worse if they were publicly owned because they might adopt the sue-your-customers approach and shut down all websites they didn't like.

I will continue to buy Estes motors, with neither a frown or smile on my face.

Reply to
Rodel Mocket

Why would you continue to fly rockets without a smile on your face?

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

The Apogee prices for Quest are way higher than normal retail price for Quest.

And if you buy bulk packs direct from Quest, the price is INSANELY low.

Reply to
Fred Shecter

Yes, BUT, as of this moment the Quest website still gives customers the 'indication' that they're on hiatus...

Care to give any indication of their prices?

Also, Fred, on a semi-related topic, where do you (and all the other guys who have garage-shop rocket businesses) buy your tubes, centering rings, etc. from? Do you deal with Estes, with distributors, or with some other services? The reason I'm asking is I'd like to get enough parts to make up about 50 'Venus Probe' modification kits for 'D' motors...

David Erbas-White

Fred Shecter wrote:

Reply to
David Erbas-White

I buy tubes/rings/lugs every year or two in bulk from the same paper mill that Estes and most others buy from. You would need to order on the order of 1000 of any item to get a decent price and then you will still pay for shipping.

I get balsa from Superior Balsa.

I have my own nose cones made locally.

If you need bulk tubes and rings and 3/16 lugs, you can get a bulk discount from me.

Fred Shecter