"New" 1:144 Dragon Panzer Korps Rail kits

Anyone seen these yet? They claim the track is new, does anyone know if it's compatible with the original sets? I had kind of a neat display plannes, I needed 1 more left and 1 right turnout to get enough tracks to display all of the rail related items together in a relatively small area. Just want to know if the track will work with the old track.

TIA, Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

When the kits came out I gauged the track and found that DML "fudged" it a bit -- it's actually N Gauge (1/160) track so you can use them with any standard N Gauge tracks from a model railroad. (1.435 meters in 1/144 scale = 10 mm, 1.435 meters in 1/160 = 9 mm.)

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@e16g2000pri.googlegroups.com:

Thanks!

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

That depends on which country you live in. Different countries use different scales on the same 9mm gauge track. The United Kingdom for instance is 1/148 which is as near dammit to 1/144 whilst Japan is 150/1.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Kim,

Roger that, but the point was that it still fits on 9mm track!

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@z28g2000prd.googlegroups.com:

Actually I was more interested in if the "new tooling" tracks could be connected with the "old tooling" tracks. I have 4 of the turnouts plus straight and curved track and I found by fiddling around with them I could make a 4 track ladder style yard with enough room to park most or all of the rail items, Karl on rail transport, the 2 different K5s and the armoured train, panzer in a rail car and the freight wagons. It would make a for a neat compact display.

I need 2 more of the turnouts to make it, which is wht I need to know if the nre ones will connect to the old ones.

Or as cookie said just use N-gauge track, I guess manual switches wouldn't be so bad (read as expensive) for such a display.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost