Ever Launch in Adverse Weather?

Has it ever been done at a NARAM ?
snipped-for-privacy@unverified.com says...

Shhh.
--
Tweak

Quite correct, except that prohibition is down in 101.23 and model rockets are exempted from those rules in 101.1. So while it's not smart to do so, it's NOT a violation of FAA regs to fly an Alpha or Mosquito into a cloud.

Here we just have clouds of mosquitos.
Randy www.vernarockets.com
Randy wrote:

Fly an Alpha into them, it's legal Ya' know.
writes:

Good Point Bob !
Must be the same reason you can fly a Mod Rock at night without a waiver.
Model rockets are exempted and not classified as unmanned rockets, or moorned balloons for that matter.
CD
Well, yeah I suppose it makes me look stupid to have even asked such a rhetorical question but it's been raaaaaaining here almost non stop for at least the last two months.
We are already at over %150 of our water supply and the season lasts till June.
Every night the local news has stories of mudslides and so on, to actually have a few days strung together with blue skies and some starlight would be a great thing.
TBerk
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

Not at all. Might even stimulate some logical thought as to why some regulations exist.
--
Tweak

Don't ever confuse logical thought with regulations. It will absolutely flip your switch.
Tom K.
says...

says...

Maybe that's what happened to me? Fried my brain, it did (chicken fried, that is).
--
Tweak

Tweak wrote:

s'OK, just pour some gravy on it and you're good to go.
As it turns out it is sunny and bright outside at the moment. Rain is scheduled to return though so in a little while I'm going to go out and get some vitamin D.
TBerk
Hey boy... it's baseball season ya know...
Randy www.vernarockets.com