Evercoat two part foam prices

I went to install a tube in a NC and dug out my Evercoat two part foam(Foam-It) and it was dried up. So I go to the store to get more, the last quart can lasted me over 2 years, and they wanted $80 for a quart! I said to the guy, this price cant be right, the last time I bought it it was about $20. He checked, and thats the price from Evercoat. So I checked online, the prices from places like Mr. Fiberglass are still under $20 but the Evercoat price is $80.

I emailed Evercoat to ask why the 4X price hike, have not heard back yet.

Anyone have ideas why? Did they have a fire at their foam plant? ;-)

Reply to
Robert DeHate

Maybe , because of the increase in shipping ? It's becoming a pain to ship anything even remotely hazardous or flamable.

JD

Reply to
JDcluster

Point. Choke off with conveyance what you cannot regulate out of existence.

Hazmat was intended as "disclosure of hazards" (if any) not as a means to cease shipments entirely without a LENGTHY and detailed and EXPENSIVE approval process. The system is BROKEN.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

The hazmat shipping paperwork and container requirements has changed little over the past few years. What has changed? The shipping companies realize that hazmat shipping fees are another way to increase their profit margin. Just the other day we needed a tube of a special sealant for an aircraft that was AOG. The price of the sealant was ten dollars and change, but the shipping and hazmat charge was four times the cost of the item.

Fred

JDcluster wrote:

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

What the shippers charge for HAZMAT is what it costs to recover the fines they get nailed for in shipping HAZMAT. Just like anything else, the regs are so complex and contradictory that it is impossilbe to be 100% legal 100% of the time. It's DOT extortion.

Bob Kaplow