Welding Cylinder Exchange at Home Depot

Thought this might be of interest to the group. Today, I saw a cylinder exchange cabinent (similar to propane) in front of Home Depot in Irving, Texas (near Fry's electronics). Instead of propane, it had argon,co2,nitrogen,acetlyene,oxygen, and trimix. I didn't see the prices, but it looks like they have everything from a 15 cuf to 80 cuf. Any other Home Depot's have this?

Reply to
js5302

I've seen the same thing at the McKinney and Sherman HDs. Tractor Supply also does cylinder exchange. I didn't look at prices since I deal with Airgas and they are just as close to me.

Pete C.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Pete C.

Northern Tool & Equipment and Tractor Supply stores handle Oxy, Acet and C25 in the Charlotte, NC area. Tractor Supply is cheaper and they'll take any other company's cylinder on trade as long as it's the right size.

They're both CONSIDERABLY cheaper and nicer to deal with than my local Holox dealer.

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

Reply to
Keith Marshall

Particularly in the San Francisco Bay Area, too?

I called HD corporate just now 800-430-3376. The nice lady there stated that she didn't know anything about it. None of my local stores appear to have anything other than propane available.

Uno data point.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

I don't know if they do here in Iowa, but most wholesalers can not beat either Home Depot or Menards in price. I can buy wire and other supplies cheaper from them, than with wholesalers. One of them told me that they (Home Depot) is selling some things cheaper than they can buy from distributers. B.G.

Reply to
MachineShop

Not at my local store! Hopefully will someday, would be closer than driving

30 miles to the welding store. Lane
Reply to
Lane

Northern Tool & Equipment has a similar package in Raleigh, NC. Prices looked a bit high compared to some of the gas distributors, but for the small operator who might need it on the weekend.....

Couldn't find it on

Al Patrick

At our local Northern Tool Store (Greensboro, NC) we can exchange gas cylinders through "Thoroughbred Industrial Cylinder Exchange"

mjones

Irving? Do you know Bill Walker?

Reply to
Paul Calman

Reply to
Rex B

I *think* this is the same company the Raleigh, NC, Northern Tool store uses.

Reply to
Al Patrick

I know this doesn't answer your question, but you might be interested in it.

"Customer acknowledges ownership of trade-in cylinder to participate in exchange. Leased or rented cylinders are not to be accepted. Only Customer Owned Cylinders exchanged."

Now, to your question. You can call 1-877-GAS PONY (1-877-427-7669) between 8-5 Eastern Time and get the answer.

Reply to
Al Patrick

Will they take an outdated test code cylinder?>>argon,co2,nitrogen,acetlyene,oxygen, and trimix. I didn't see the

Reply to
Keith Marshall

Last night I went to our local Tractor Supply Store (Clemmons, NC) and exchanged my 80 cf oyegen cylinder for a full 125 cf cylinder. They charged me for the gas to fill my 80 and then the difference in price between the 80 and 125 tank puchase (full) The breakdown was 14.73 for the gas and 24.83 for the tank upgrade and tax (of course)

To exchange my new tank (125) for a full one will cost me 15.83 My 75 cf acetylene cylinder will cost me 22.56 to exchange

I also have a 40 cf sheilding gas cylinder (75 / 25) that will cost 14.48

I don't know how these prices compares to the local welding supply house.

Marc

Reply to
mjones