Home depot Oxygen/A welding kit

This kit includes the tank and a plastic organizer for the tanks. The tanks look really small.

Anyone have any idea how long these tanks would last before refill?

Thanks Steve L

Reply to
Steve L.

Not very long, about 30 minutes of flames, 10 minutes of cutting.

Reply to
Zorro

If this is like mine, it uses a small Prestolite tank for acetylene, and appropriate sized oxygen tank with it. Can be carried in one hand. I couldn't live without it because of its portability, but I would not use it with large tips, or on anything but the smallest cutting jobs. The tanks are small, so the cost of the contents is much higher than the equivalent in larger tanks.

The ability to pick up a torch/tank set and set it down right where you want to weld is so nice it makes those little nuisance jobs a pleasure. And you can really impress the neighbors!

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

Can't use it for welding but I wouldn't want to be without my plumbers Prestolite Acetylene/air torch.

Reply to
Jimbo

I agree. I just bought one myself. It comes with a #1 tip which is a little big for what I need. By the time you get a smaller tip size you gain a little burn time. I still like it because on the farm I will be having to carry the system around to the work. With my bad back and rough terrain it is easier to have a small system.

Scott

Reply to
Scott