primitive welding at home?

well i want to melt two pieces of metal together that have low melting points (maybe tin or copper) with out a fancy welding equipment.

my original thinking was to blow oxygen on a candle flame but well that just wont work.

can anybody help me make a very simple and primitive welding method please?

Reply to
sam annex

That wouldn't be very "primitive". ;)

Ask this again on rec.crafts.blacksmithing. :)

Alvin in AZ

Reply to
alvinj

Its called brazing. You do it with a gas torch.

Reply to
David Deuchar

If you can get your hands on something for a stream of oxygen, then you can probably get your hands on a little blowtorch. that should work.

If you need to know more, the good folks over at sci.engr.joining.welding know lots about brazing.

Reply to
Rich Jones

well thanx for your help

sry about posting in the wrong spot i will try again where yall said

Reply to
sam annex